What have you done to your car today?

Got the exhaust fitted today after taking it off earlier in the week to get it fixed.

Welds had split around the mid pipe box in a few places, after getting it all welded again it seems to be working normally!

Left it at a friend's house and drove his Focus ST home after a wedding shoot. He's got it remapped and modded via Dreamscience pulling around 290HP.

A few things.

1: Turbo whistle is annoying, simply tap on the throttle and it spools up like a vacuum cleaner audible inside the cabin even on the motorway. the cabin is quiet otherwise.

2: When giving it some, the torque is comedy on this, ESP kicks in in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but the steering gets woolly. The steering is quite quick otherwise but lacks feedback from the road so I don't feel the confidence taking corners at the speeds I can in my own car.

3: Dump valve noise :p

4: Cars like this provoke you to give it the beans at every opportunity just to hear the noise and those exhaust pops and crackles when engine breaking around town.

5: Overtaking is lol.

Last edited:
I guess its better than the days of my mr2 turbobwhere esp was non existent and it was more "oh **** I hope this stays in a straight line" encouraged a bit more......throttle sensitivity mind you

I guess its better than the days of my mr2 turbobwhere esp was non existent and it was more "oh **** I hope this stays in a straight line" encouraged a bit more......throttle sensitivity mind you

We went to a Pistonheads meet yesterday and a purple mk2 MR2 turbo turned up and made me go week at the knees.

I think theyre such under rated cars. You can tune it enough on the standard hardware to make it fast enough for the road and the chassis will keep you entertained forever... oh how much id like one of those again

Judging by the pictures of it on Facebook ;) it's probably got Falken tyres.

SportContact 3 all round. Other than cosmetic visual mods everything else changed is under the bonnet, the rest is factory spec.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beast of a car and is easy to drive very fast but it's not the kind of fast around corners that I'm used to in an E46 Sport which has a completely different handling balance allowing you to cover those same corners at higher speeds.

I like the ST brakes, they're big and come down like anchors but the pedal doesn't have the feel of the road again like I get on my car, hard to describe but I guess I could describe it as less mechanical?

The throttle response isn't my cup of tea either, I like the centimetre response from my car's throttle, on this you need to move it a few inches before the turbo spools up and you begin to move at pace watching the boost gauge dive to the right :p

Think this just confirms I'm more a fan of smooth and linear power delivery across the rev range of an NA instead of turbo or Vtec (family member had an Accord Type-R).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom