What have you done to your car today?

Got to do this on my BMW soooooon

It's fairly obvious but the metal bar is a square edge showing the squish.
So much so that on the old mount that 'dip' in the crown on the left was the mounting arm from the block resting right on it, effectively bypassing the mount really. Is a great improvement now.

I only replaced it with a QDrive mount, but can easily replace next time with genuine if I really need to.

Flyfifer: www.imgur.com is free and easy to use. It's a joke, you don't have to post pics, but it's a cool car! So you should!

Went to start up the coupe... click click click.

FU mofo car!

No lights left on or anything, last used approx 10pm last night. Nippy ****.

Greenflag on way. Cba.

Started the re-trimming of my seats for the GT6

893364_846129310775_810085087_o_zps653d6b17.jpg

Flyfifer: www.imgur.com is free and easy to use. It's a joke, you don't have to post pics, but it's a cool car! So you should!

Here it is, Triumph G-T6 Le Mans Replica.

ZcPdTWqs.jpg [/QUOTE]

More info needed on this ;)

More info needed on this ;)[/QUOTE]

Will upload more info & pics once I transfer them from my camera. Car was built for using & is not a looker although hopefully once winter arrives some improvements will be made.

Pics I already have attached.

ELCHOPu.jpg
[/IMG]

NLEXbZC.jpg

ZSF86d7.jpg

VAlAOj6h.jpg

Ch6vUgKh.jpg

Last edited:
Will upload more info & pics once I transfer them from my camera. Car was built for using & is not a looker although hopefully once winter arrives some improvements will be made.

Pics I already have attached.

VAlAOj6h.jpg

Ch6vUgKh.jpg

Nice! Would love to hear about it. My Mk1 GT6 is pretty standard apart from the exhaust and seats (which I'm in the process to putting back to stock). I bet yours goes like stink with that engine in it. Even mine with the standard engine surprises some people.

that's dam impressive re-trim; have you done it before? :p

Nope, first time I have done anything like this. I did do it with a kit though so I didn't make the covers or shape the foam, I just put it all together.

Last edited:
Some more recent G-T6 pics. Car purchased last March as is, delivered on a trailor by 2nd owner to my door. Unfortunately the car was beset with problems, wouldn't start, always been a problem apparently, mot work required was all front/rear suspension parts seized or worn & rear drive shaft uj's completely worn out, some wiring issues addressed & sorted out the fault on switched power supply to the ecu which caused the starting problems. Car on the road after a trip to weighbridge & a 2 hour mot test in April this year. Needs lots of finishing/upgrading to make it a wee bit nicer but just too much fun driving it as it is for now.

Buying bits n bobs as & when I find them for sale & money available, will only start an overhall once everythings to hand to complete the improvements I'd like to make.

4KhbyZXh.jpg

WnuPcerh.jpg

wW9LDTgh.jpg

TMeNEx0h.jpg

Newbie 1st post.
Finally a Triumph G-T6 Le Mans style replica raced in the mid 60's. This is a wolf in sheeps clothing running a K-Series 1.8 VVC engine mated to a 5 speed Fprd Type 9 gearbox. Raining at lunchtime when I was about to walk the dog, car is kept in garage accessed via a door from the house, spent 20 minutes hoovering the G-T6 & checking oil & water (well it is a K-Series!).

Willie frae Fife, Scotland.

First of all - welcome to the forums dude. :)

There can't be that many Triumph G-T6's in Fife dude - nice pics :D

Bought some decent leather wipes from Halfords, Simoniz branded.

They've done such a good job! Dare I say, better than when I used the Autoglymm cleaner and conditioner. They got a lot more grime off, and they've left the leather feeling so much softer. Highly recommend them

Back
Top Bottom