What have you done to your car today?

Vinyl wrapped my grill today in Matt Black Vinyl.

First attempt I fudged up (slipped with knife). Second attempt was better but I cut the corners a little too close to the edge, just about hidden by the rest of the grill. Ill probably have another go, came in at less than £4 which was enough to do two grills.

Wrapping isn't permanent hence why I did this rather than paint it :)

57B04707-B7E7-452E-9237-7B8CD2927691-166-00000009252682E9.jpg

FA40D92E-22A6-42CF-A48D-120F83663AF9-166-0000000931C17B8D.jpg

4598A95F-E16C-4F6E-BA73-A53489C0058A-166-000000093985399E.jpg

BB120000-5D18-4C07-B0EF-E5DBA96C8C55-166-0000000940DCEFF7.jpg

Picked my car up from Lepsons yesterday after a full wheel refurb, haven't taken any pictures yet but they're now absolutely perfect. Will put up a thread when I get a chance to take pics, but would definitely recommend them. Now I just need to paint the nuts lol.

Well, following on from this :

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24737950&postcount=3161

Turns out it was no3 injector which had gone, that's been replaced, long life service done and just agreed to an oil consumption test. While I'm away and it's in with Audi I may as well get it looked at

Well Audi called this morning to let me know the car failed the oil consumption test so they are going to replace the piston rings and connection rod - will be in the garage a few more days ......

Yeah, before the oil consumption test he said they need to be absolutely sure as "the rebuild costs thousands" - I've read threads where they have been replaced as the rebuild wasn't cost effective

Luckily if been keeping a log of the oil use and although they wouldn't take this as "proof" it strengthened my concerns and request for the test

He was surprised that it failed the test as they had replaced the no3 injector and they felt that may have contributed to the oil usage

Hopefully all will be good come Tuesday :)

Driving to Manchester from Bournemouth. Already had the Motorway Police stop everyone for debris on the road. Never seen it before, the guy was swerving across all 3 lanes with his lights on and then kept everyone driving at 40 till we reached the debris where he jumped out and threw it over the barrier... Litter bug! Not less than 10 mins later I'm in the outside lane on a slight left hand bend doing 80 and a huge white bag like thing appears on the road around the side of a lorry in the middle lane... Haven't reacted so fast in my life! Hope the remaining 4 hours is slightly less eventful...

Driving to Manchester from Bournemouth. Already had the Motorway Police stop everyone for debris on the road. Never seen it before, the guy was swerving across all 3 lanes with his lights on and then kept everyone driving at 40 till we reached the debris where he jumped out and threw it over the barrier... Litter bug! Not less than 10 mins later I'm in the outside lane on a slight left hand bend doing 80 and a huge white bag like thing appears on the road around the side of a lorry in the middle lane... Haven't reacted so fast in my life! Hope the remaining 4 hours is slightly less eventful...

I hoped you stopped to post this or your journey may get more eventful for you :)

I've seen the police do that a few times when there is only one car available to clear the debris, they also slow the traffic down to allow another office clear it further ahead in the same way if necessary.

A few years back on the motorway a pallet fell off a lorry in front of me, that was scary but I missed it!

Not my car, but I took the EGR apart on my brother's W reg Rover 25 2.0TDI, it looked as if it wasn't fully closing. So, I made up a blanking plate out of an old biscuit tin and used that instead of the gasket on the transfer pipe to the inlet manifold. Thankfully the ECU doesn't monitor pressure change between a sensor in the exhaust and the map sensor, so no engine management light issue. Cleaned out the carbon in the inlet manifold too.

Cor blimey gov', it actually has some boost pressure now! :D

I hoped you stopped to post this or your journey may get more eventful for you :)

I've seen the police do that a few times when there is only one car available to clear the debris, they also slow the traffic down to allow another office clear it further ahead in the same way if necessary.

A few years back on the motorway a pallet fell off a lorry in front of me, that was scary but I missed it!

Nope, stopped off for a drink in Tesco. Luckily nothing more eventful has happened but i've. Never driven in Manchester before so this should be fun!

Back
Top Bottom