What have you done to your car today?

Yesterday the GF helped me attempt a more permanent fix on the door trims, give the interior a good dusting and even washed it using the 2 bucket method! Definitely picked the right girl.

Think one of the tensioners is rattling on my mr2 so taking it very easy until I get chance to fix it. I have made a new mpg record of 38 mpg over a full tank with mixed driving and not much motorway. Not bad for an old 80s derived 170 bhp engine in a 1250kg car I don't think! Bloody boring though, can't wait to fix it and rev it hard again!

Rung Admiral to enquire about a couple of modifications I'm thinking of doing. Processing any modification incurs a £17.50 admin charge, and so the bloke recommended grouping them together so you only pay the £17.50 once.

• 30mm lowering springs - £2.50 until renewal
  • 4pot brake upgrade - £0.82 until renewal. Yes, 82pence!

So doing those two together would be £20.82. Given how cheap it is, why do people invalidate their insurance by not declaring modifications!?

Fixed my damned door seals on the E46. The passenger side one started sagging a week ago and figured I'd get it sorted.

Pulled much of the loose bits away, wiped everything down with IPA a few times to get everything clean, then hit it with some Unibond Extreme stuff and some masking tape to hold it in place overnight. If it comes off now, I'm selling the car!

Rung Admiral to enquire about a couple of modifications I'm thinking of doing. Processing any modification incurs a £17.50 admin charge, and so the bloke recommended grouping them together so you only pay the £17.50 once.

So doing those two together would be £20.82. Given how cheap it is, why do people invalidate their insurance by not declaring modifications!?

I declared my new lowering springs with Flux today. No charge at all and the policy is only a month old. :D

See, I reckon 4pots should lower your insurance. More effective at stopping thus less likely to crash!

I miss my Brembo's :(

Last night I made a custom sub box which took me 1 hour. I Changed the driver to a smaller woofer and gained me some more boot space in the VRS.

Just need to cover the cabinet in OEM carpet to make it look "flush" and "OEM".

Old 10" vs New 6"
IMG_0509_zpsbf529e72.jpg

IMG_0505_zps9963df0d.jpg

IMG_0506_zps2c5c8b81.jpg

77f30602-24f7-44f8-a4db-aae80265e7d0_zps33dcafd0.jpg

Next on the list: Brake pads and spacers for the front (5mm) and rear (10mm) to fill the arches.

Last edited:
What have you got on the rear?

I was debating putting 10mm on the front and then though maybe 7.5mm to meet half way to avoid the tyres sticking out at all (which I hate).

There was 5mm and 10mm on before, which filled the arches perfect with 205s, Picture below.

470006_434516663232759_1744725969_o.jpg

Ordered some bits to replace parts that have fallen off the ZT-T. :p
Joking aside, just had 2x new boots fitted (225/45/18, ouch) and ordered the following too:
- Modified PCV valve
- New Xenon burners, the originals are 10 years old now and quite dim
- Touch up pen, original MG Rover rattle can of paint and a can of laquer
- 4x Alpine SPG-17CS component speakers (ouch...)

A few more service bits coming too, but nothing exciting. The ZT-T is proving to be incredibly useful, so I've decided to splash out a little.

Back
Top Bottom