What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
My job for today was to sort out the blowers, fed up with only having full blast or off as my choices, so tryed motor factors again, no luck, bloody unhelpful shower of ********.
so did it the old fashioned way and popped down to the old scrappy, managed to find a Civic of similar age and retrieved a heater resistor, when i took mine out it was totally shot, with black soot like residue surrounding it:eek:
2013-01-03-1850_zpse058652f.gif

forgot how much fun it was hunting round a scrappy for interesting stuff:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;23473426 said:
80 miles a day and you decided swapping a 2.0 diesel 75, probably one of the best cars Rover ever made, for a ZS, was a good idea? The mind boggles, the 75 was perfect unless it was a nail but you always tell us these cards are not nails so it can't have been that.

Presumably you will now spend the next 3 months telling us how good the ZS is only to change it for a 600 or something in April..

Yeah, I'm afraid it doesn't make sense Matt :p The ZS is ok in mk2 180 form, but a mk1 diesel to replace a 75??

If you are so confident you only ever want old Rovers, get something interesting like a P6 or SD1 :p

I totally see where you're both coming from - I can't explain it either but last week I had a hoon in a nicely sorted ZS diesel, and remembered how much I missed mine.

My commute is half motorway, half brisk country roads - perfect for a 75 with around 160BHP like mine. I also did the same commute back in 2011 in the ZS, and for some reason the chuckability of it made the first half (country part) so much fun, even though a motorway in a rock-hard car does suck after a while.

All in all it's not cost me anything - I'm actually going to come out of the deal a bit better off. It's partly down to the list of things the ZS has had replaced, all wearing transmission parts aside from the gearbox itself are pretty much new, as is the exhaust and the tyres.

You know me guys, I buy crap, get bored and sell on. As long as it's not costing me much (good scrappies around here!) it's a pretty harmless hobby - although I'd like to keep this one for a while.

As much as I love you lot, there's zero point justifying it because at the end of the day, the ZS is just a 90s Civic with rock-hard suspension and stick on tat. In my opinion, though, they got quite a good balance of economy and chuckability in the ZS diesels.

A4BC142B-4054-4DE4-89CF-9053D77ED680-394-0000005FD0A51026.jpg

Soldato
Had my 6 MPS serviced today and had the following done:

Spark plugs
Air filter
Oil filter
Engine oil
Gearbox oil
Transfer case oil
Rear diff oil
Brake fluid and coolant.

Also slightly adjusted the clutch pedal which has made town driving significantly easier and had a 4 wheel alignment done which has cured a slight vibration I was getting at motorways speeds.

Tomorrow I will be removing the centre control to remove an annoying metal Nokia phone cradle installed by the previous owner.

Caporegime
Drop links?.

Not the hardest job if you just saw off the old ones

Indeed, drop links. Well the car is due a service, plus I've ordered a few other bits (namely coil packs to fix the bloody misfire) so I'll do the lot in one go. :)

----------

Back on topic, I swore at it this morning as I stubbed my foot when walking past it in zombie mode.

Soldato
There was an article in Evo last year (I think) where one of the executives from Shell was asked this question. Whilst the base fuel is the same (it has to conform to the relevant British standard) the additives are different and put into the tanker at the last minute. I assume he was lying then.

an exec from shell lying? shirly not.

Back
Top Bottom