What have you done to your car today?

Working out how to fit this.

1174875_10151836020268256_901004740_n.jpg

Fresh calipers, discs and pads fitted last week. No pics but it was a nice easy job, made use of my eezibleed as well.

Both rear calipers were seized, one more so than the other, have a guess which side was the worst??

A1B80C6D-7AB9-4E2D-B822-BFB29EAC7BA1-14274-00000EECD791791E_zps7f837ba5.jpg

Fresh calipers, discs and pads fitted last week. No pics but it was a nice easy job, made use of my eezibleed as well.

Both rear calipers were seized, one more so than the other, have a guess which side was the worst??

A1B80C6D-7AB9-4E2D-B822-BFB29EAC7BA1-14274-00000EECD791791E_zps7f837ba5.jpg

jesus, that must have been many many years old!

Fixed my exhaust flap....again. Seems the actuator arm is missing a washer or circlip of some sort, botched up with a crimp eyelet which will hopefully keep it secure for the moment. Need to look to see if it is sold separately as I ain't buying a whole new actuator

The reason I actually went to the car was to investigate the horrendous scraping noise that started yesterday on the way home. Was from the osr, no movement horizontally or vertically so I just took the wheel off and gave the dust shield a bit of grief - couple of stones that may have been the offending scraper now on the drive.

Fitted the Eibach springs to the BMW, cannot wait to get it out for a test drive later :P

Been out for a drive, it feels like a huge improvement. Ride is barely any different and the smallest inputs are now responded to much better than before.

Before, the car would sometimes feel wayward when going over certain sequences of bumps or camber changes, that doesnt appear to happen at all now. the car just feels more wieldy

Before i was strongly considering fitting an E46 steering rack, now im not so sure.

Just the Pro ones. The car already had Koni adjustable dampers but i was never 100% certain that the car was really on a set of M3 springs. I couldnt find any useful markings on the old springs but im much happier now

i need the front toe done again, may as well do the rack before hand

can you keep the existing e36 tie rods? can you send me an ebay link? (save me researching if you already know..)

do you have one fitted?

Yeah original tie rods go in, you just have to ditch the lock washers and locktite them instead. No biggie, this is how all E46 are as standard. The plastic piece from the bottom of the column has to be swapped for the e36 one, or trim the 46 one a little.
I put the Meyle tie rod+end kit on mine, old inner joints were very sloppy indeed.

Yesterday I Hammerite'd black the calipers on my car that were done in a fetching shade of jewish racing gold by the previous owner. Fitted two of my newly refurbed 14" Volks, only to realise I, plagued by Sod's Law, had picked and fitted the two wheels with tyres going in the wrong direction. Cue swearing.

Eventually got the right wheels fitted, jacked up the other side of the car to start painting the other side, and then it starts to **** it down. Fantastic. Gave up at that point and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening looking out of the window watching the rain, grumpily nursing a cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom