What have you done to your car today?

Yes, it was missing a sensor after I had to change out a hub knuckle. New sensor from GSF and all is well. I think there is still an issue there, ABS will kick in readily but hey ho, it stops well and doesn't do anything weird any more. New tyres tomorrow I think, fronts are down to the carcass on the shoulders :/ I'm sure this doesn't help with braking!
You run -2.5 front camber don't you, how do you get on with shoulder wear? As much as I don't want to, I might back it right off to -1 this time, annoying only getting half the life out of a tyre.
I don't fully understand it, the rears wear evenly and they have near as damnit just as much camber and more toe.

I have only had the ABS actuate on mine once and it actually saved my bacon :eek:

Front camber on mine is 2.5, shoulder wear is normal for what youd expect on the nearside, offside is completely even.

I ran up to 2.5 on the Golf in the past and it was completely even too, in my experience odd wear comes from your toe angles.

What toe you running?

Washed the BMW today, ordered the missing reinforcement plates for the front top mounts and also the rears.

At the weekend im hoping to get the eibach springs on. to this day in not convinced ive actually got M3 springs.

Just got home, had a bit of a thrash. I so nearly got taken out by a moron in a Corsa. I was overtaking him as i exited a roundabout onto a dual carriageway. I was full beans in 2nd and passing quickly and part way through the manouver he decides to indicate to change into the lane i was in but there was nothing ahead of him in my lane or his. I was sure there was going to be contact, even when i was braking and on the horn he was still coming over. Things like that remind me why seriously violent road rage incidents occur.

What's that all about?

Selling the ST :(

I joke :p

It is my friends and he has no room/time for it so i have said i will look after it for him and help sell it for him. Put it up side of the house now, out of the way.

Lovely looking motor, well till you look at the front and it makes you want to be sick. Goes like **** off a shovel.

I have only had the ABS actuate on mine once and it actually saved my bacon :eek:

Front camber on mine is 2.5, shoulder wear is normal for what youd expect on the nearside, offside is completely even.

I ran up to 2.5 on the Golf in the past and it was completely even too, in my experience odd wear comes from your toe angles.

What toe you running?

Tried 0, and 17mins, makes little difference as far as I can see. I get about 10k out of a pair, with the outer 3/4 still with decent tread on.

I serviced the Womans Ka on the weekend, I think this looks original?

SIMTqVul.jpg

Lost a giant leaf when I took it out, It's stuck in the system somewhere and makes an awful racket :(

Wish i could junk mine all together and just have something like this
328044_2749975581377_1017212758_2800936_656548242_o.jpg

Yeah that plate looks awful, total taste malfunction there.

Back on topic, new tyres and new alignment. Much less aggressive front end so I suspect I will find it disappointed when I get a chance to try it out on a dry road. Perhaps I can use more than a fifth of the rubber on the things though.

I was right, it is disappointing. Feels better up to lets say 7/10ths but when you start to really lean on the front end, it washes out. Also has power on understeer at low speeds. Don't like it that much, will persevere for a bit, let the tyres scrub in properly, see if it actually improves the wear pattern.

Back
Top Bottom