What have you done to your car today?

Noise makers? :o

I don't think they were too bad before but still looks like a nice job

The dish sections were pitted from brake dust corrosion and there were flakes of alloy in some areas. I suppose in pics it doesn't give the full condition you'd see in person but to me it was quite bad and a couple of years overdue a refurb :p

Clay barred the whole car in prep for it's visit to the bodyshop on Monday.

Oh, and fitted inlet resonator replacement pipe and cone filter. The sound now is just immense!

IMAG0353_zps4daec5e1.jpg

Not got a big 24 hour tesco nearby? Our one has head light bulb packs

I was in bed not long after making that post, but no, the only Tesco nearby is a little Express thing.

Got back in the early hours of this morning - luckily I didn't run into any Gendarmes. Also, the bulb from the cheap eBay bulb kit appears to be exactly the same colour and just as bright as the expensive Philips XTreme Vision bulb it replaced (and which is still in the other headlight). So at least I don't have to worry about replacing it like for like (and trust me, I probably would be anal enough to do that).

That's not......the ugliest cosworth ever made is it? Don't see many /any Scorpios these days

Sure is :-)

100_2768.jpg

100_2769.jpg

100_2771.jpg

The last Ford Cosworth off the production line in fact - built July 1998, registered 2001 by a BBC exec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taxed the BMW after not being able to use the renewal reminder because the MOT expired before the end of the month.

Had a struggle with the BMW after it was not used for a week and the alarm had a hissy :(

Drove it, everything was all ok again

Yes, it was missing a sensor after I had to change out a hub knuckle. New sensor from GSF and all is well. I think there is still an issue there, ABS will kick in readily but hey ho, it stops well and doesn't do anything weird any more. New tyres tomorrow I think, fronts are down to the carcass on the shoulders :/ I'm sure this doesn't help with braking!
You run -2.5 front camber don't you, how do you get on with shoulder wear? As much as I don't want to, I might back it right off to -1 this time, annoying only getting half the life out of a tyre.
I don't fully understand it, the rears wear evenly and they have near as damnit just as much camber and more toe.

Back
Top Bottom