What have you done to your car today?

Last drive is the worst, especially if you were particularly attached to a car

Probably going a bit far to say I was attached to it but I bought it cheap and abused it for 4 years and it never complained or let me down.

I won my game of cambelt Russian Roulette with it though. I bought the car with very little paperwork so I had no idea when it was last changed, then put another 45k miles on it.

Today my car has started playing up a bit. Sometimes the starter solenoid will click once, and that's it. Keep trying and it will eventually turn over. Any ideas?

Personally I think the starter is alright, might be a bad ground or bad battery, I will test tomorrow.

Last edited:
Bought and fitted a hardtop for the winter months...now I may miss the odd day when top town is viable, but from a (lack of) maintenance point of view the removable hard top is a no brainer...no need to keep cleaning/proofing the soft top when the weather is bad.

zsWucmI.jpg

Originally wanted a red one but actually think the gloss black looks pretty smart, good contrast with the paintwork and matches the wheels.

Need to put some tyre shine on and paint the calipers...but its started to rain so thats a job put off for another weekend.

Calipers will go black or red, favouring black at the moment, red is a bit showy unless you've got monster brakes worthy of showing off...and they end up turning brown with brake dust.

I have pondered it but the hardtop is only a winter thing, roof down the red frame would look better...so I'll probably leave it 'as is'.

I might get the rear window of the hardtop tinted slightly though, the MX5 is so low that headlight glare from following cars shining in the rear view mirror is very distracting. The soft top screen on my car has been tinted, and I think the tint helped a bit, so will be interesting to see how this is without any tint...worse I imagine.

That looks fantastic, the colours are a brilliant complement to each other. Red calipers would look awesome but they would need to be a little bit bigger than they are now imo.

Did a wheels off clean yesterday, car has been getting very very grubby as front of house is being re-done and we have no drive until that's complete, so cant wash the car, took it to a friends instead.

A before and after:

Wv2kl0r.jpg

During:

Wl8uerK.jpg

7YNQ45Y.jpg

Arches also got some love:

u2HS37g.jpg

The wheels were refurbished at Lepsons not so long ago so were perfect all round. When removing the front passenger side wheel the wrench slipped and clipped the wheel, chipping the paint around the wheel nut :( I've wrapped mine in electrical tape to stop that happening but was using the friends one so it caused damage. No picture as was too busy swearing to get one.

Thanks all :) am on very good terms with the friend and their parents so makes things nice and easy.

Was using Bilberry Wheel Cleaner which was diluted roughly 3:1. It's fantastic, just rinse the wheels off, spray on the cleaner and leave to dwell for a bit, then jet wash off and you'll barely need to touch the wheel other than for the crevices.

Some tar has been left on the wheel and in the arch, but I'll be doing a huge cleanse with AutoSmart Tardis on the wheels and whole car when our own drive is done. After that, all that's left to do is replace side repeaters with non faded ones, re-dye some of the leather where it has worn then possibly a front end respray. All of this and I keep telling myself I'll get rid of it in a few months....

Today I pulled down a tree with my dad's jeep and was reminded of how I really, really want a V8....

imbx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom