What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Today I have been mostly drilling holes in my mums car. She has the 'Sport Pack' on her Focus 2.5 and she struggles with the tinted windows at night time.

I've got these same reverse sensors installed on my Octavia and they are brilliant, an absolute steal at £13 too.

63E1C6B9-65AB-463F-9574-6079DC71771D-912-000001325EBDD895.jpg

Very easy to install and all wires are neatly hidden away behind boot trim :)

Soldato
Does that not happen often then? :D

Well my face had a nice unexpected wash by the cracked jet gun. Some comedy for the neighbours...

Do really need to wash it soon though to make sure that nothing at all is showing up on my bumper from where my mate reversed into it. Don't think there is but we all know how dirt can hide things very well.

Soldato
Took the door card off the focus to see if i could get the drivers window working again....... it isn't :(

Also took the MX5 out for a drive earlier, surprising how quick it is :o

Associate
Today I have been mostly drilling holes in my mums car. She has the 'Sport Pack' on her Focus 2.5 and she struggles with the tinted windows at night time.

I've got these same reverse sensors installed on my Octavia and they are brilliant, an absolute steal at £13 too.

Very easy to install and all wires are neatly hidden away behind boot trim :)

Yeah I fitted a set myself too. It's make it very easy as Ford on the Focus MK 2.5 circled out on the rear of the bumper where the OEM sensors go, which saved a load of time off the job.

I also washed it today. The first time in around 2 months. Was filthy, but the two coats of 845 I put on it is doing it's job.

Soldato
OP
Got the stereo wired up correctly in the ZS, and gave both of the cars a good clean. :)

Found one of the tyres on the ZS is a different profile to the 3 others, that'll be sorted this week. Only 40 vs 45, so not too bad.

27528D11-4DDC-4C33-99F5-443717F92BA5-299-0000005A4EA86F36.jpg

Soldato
Dream 2 car garage right there. Sports car and a luxury cruiser

Gave mine a long overdue clean today, got funny looks from the neighbours while drying it in the rain.

Jumped on the bandwagon and checked the pollen filter - I thought it would be fine as its a 1 owner ex lease car with full main dealer history.......nope, it's filthy.

Last edited:
Associate
I started on the removal of the front anti-roll bar on the GT6. Shouldn't have taken too long but unfortunately I didn't have a socket that was deep enough to get on the nut. More tool required. Oh well at least it is shopping I don't mind doing haha.

Soldato
Yeah I fitted a set myself too. It's make it very easy as Ford on the Focus MK 2.5 circled out on the rear of the bumper where the OEM sensors go, which saved a load of time off the job.

I also washed it today. The first time in around 2 months. Was filthy, but the two coats of 845 I put on it is doing it's job.

I spent ages trying to get the bumper off, over an hour. Big drill wouldn't fit underneath the bumper so in the end I borrowed one of those small hand held jobs and drilled a pilot hole from the inside, then used the hole saw from the outside in. Wiring was even easier than my Octavia!

Permabanned
Order pair of black grilles. Couple of clips were broken on the OE ones, and a mother ****** of a pot hole kindly lost me one at NSL.

Car looks gay, and black efforts were cheaper.

Drove 50 miles, and found mothers car which had HG done last month devoid entirely of oil. Lucky I caught it or she'd have just kept going.

Soldato
whats the difference between the two costs, out of curiosity?

Roughly labour of 1 hour per side for removal/refit, then the bushes, then the pressing.

So an easy £120 I'd say vs £70ish for me buying and fitting new ones.

I've no doubt it'd be cheaper for me to remove arms, and get new bushes fitted. However easier, it is not as I wouldn't be able to remove and take to garage to swap bushes as I'm away from home before they open and back after they close on a normal day, and seeing as I get very little time to work on the car, picking up some arms and swapping them on a Sunday makes more sense to me.

Soldato
Yeah, there is no need for it to take that long taking it here and there, and then having to worry whether they actually fitted them right

Soldato
when i did the front arms on the BMW, a new pair would have been c.£600

new ball joints and bushes, however, were c.£150-c.£200

I dont have the equipment to do ball joints though so had to take them somewhere. The first place gave me a lol-quote to do the work, the next place was sensible (£40-£50) but when i took it there i had everything marked so that there was no way they could get the wrong ball joint in the wrong hole or the wrong way :S

Back
Top Bottom