What have you done to your car today?

15568300561_8df6e37aa8_b.jpg

Put new clutch and light flywheel on
Put in my new engine, was a bit tricky aligning the engine mounts but overall easy seeing as it was my first time and stiff engine mounts.

Fit all new coolant pipes
fit new 4-2-1 manifold
fit loom
fit fuel lines
fit ps pump and belt

Just need to connect the prop shaft!

Last edited:
How did you manage that?

I have no idea, well I do a little....
My amp has been plugged in whilst my car was at the bodyshop but my sub disconnected. I tested it and it wasnt working, noticed a 20amp fuse being broken so I went out around 630 last night looking for a fuse, couldnt find one anywhere so got a bit impatient and found a 30amp fuse. It was sparking a little when i was trying to put it in, so took the battery off plugged it in, switched it on and it started smoking! Plugged in another amp and that ran fine so something was wong with that amp, I think it may of had some water inside it. :(

I never understood why people blank out their numberplates - do you put a cover over them when it's parked in your drive as well? :p

Quite - I used to then realised there was so little point!

With regards to claiming wheels on insurance - yes as its technically a modification, however I doubt BMW would even notice as they are OEM - let alone an insurance underwriter at the point of an accident. Only thing you couldn't do is claim them back as an extra expense in the event of a write off.

Do you have to declare a change of wheels to the insurance company when they are OEM?

Every insurer will have a different policy. I called mine just to check and they said that was they are manufacturer produced wheels there is no issue. I insisted they made a note to this effect on my policy though :p

Popped up to Crawley after a weekend in Brighton as a guy on e90post converts the orange E9x orange speedo cluster to white. It takes just 20 minutes to do and costs £40 for the dials and centre display; IMO it freshens the dash up and makes it feel much more modern.

Before:
14954957223_78064590ce_c.jpg

After:
14954390994_de40e497a9_c.jpg

Went to check the oil today and the bonnet wouldn't open. Finally managed to open it by getting the GF to hold the bonnet catch lever open whilst I tapped the bottom of the bonnet and forced it open.

The whole bonnet release catch was caked in a mixture of grease and dirt. The only thing I could think of cleaning it up with was WD40, because of the aerosol pressure. I haven't re-greased the release catch yet because it will just get caked up again. Shall I leave it as it is or shall I get some silicon based grease?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom