What have you done to your car today?

To protect the fuel pumps full of flammable stuff being smashed into by numpties, I imagine :p

I know what you mean though, I'm always wary when I park a bit close to the pump.

Unplugged my MAF sensor to help diagnose a slight hiccup on idle, and a loss of power at low revs. Ran so much better without it plugged in - will need to look at the intake hoses and maybe diagnose the MAF sensor's values when I can get back to my laptop.

Broke my car, Won't go over 3k RPM and barely accelerates but no warning lights at all....C4GP. Cursed myself just yesterady when I said it;s great and had no problems in 2.5 years apart from a new clutch and some gearbox bearing.

I'm hoping it's just low oil as I have noticed a bit around the engine.

Discovered a 3 inch or so scratch on my boot lid just to the left of the badge. Looks suspiciously like someone has gone at it with a key. I'm going to have a go at it tomorrow with some polish but I don't hold out much hope as I think its a bit too deep.

Fitted an Auto-Exe Japan front strut brace....

UeRAXw6.png

CHwtNDR.jpg

9HqRy08.jpg

Single piece and much more solid than the three piece OEM bar, and it has holes to allow the damper adjustment knobs to fit through, where as the OEM brace is flat over the top of the dampers and has to be ditched if fitting adjustable dampers or coilovers.

Last edited:
Booked it in at my local body shop after reversing off a kerb and cracking the lower front bumper :(
Gonna get them to fix my side skirts too whilst it's in - known fault with the Focus ST.
That's after forking out for the bonnet release catch to be fixed just a couple of weeks ago - another known fault with the Focus ST(!)

Broke my car, Won't go over 3k RPM and barely accelerates but no warning lights at all....C4GP. Cursed myself just yesterady when I said it;s great and had no problems in 2.5 years apart from a new clutch and some gearbox bearing.

I'm hoping it's just low oil as I have noticed a bit around the engine.

Follow up from this,

Error codes
P1351
P1461

Turbine has loads of play so I need a new one :(

Oil change and new brake pads for the X-Trail today. Was going to do the coolant and fit a new thermostat, but couldn't be bothered. Tomorrow it might even get treated to an Eastern European carwash followed by giving the windows a damned good clean.

[TW]Fox;27079935 said:
By doing this you ruin many of the great opportunities you'd otherwise have for top down winter motoring. The roof is an umbrella to keep the rain out - the roof down on a cold sunny December morning is every bit as enjoyable as having it down in August.

This! Miss my MX5 for this reason. Used to love getting wrapped up in coat, scarf, hat and gloves, putting the roof down, and going for an evening blast :D

E46, 330, Water pump and thermostat. Just a matter of time really. Hit 111k on the originals, until I got a low coolant light and a lot of steam *slaps forehead*. Next job is the rocker cover gasket which I didn't get round to.

Not going to start a new thread but if you were buying a car and it was 2 years old, with just under 50k miles, would you be concerned?

The car is a diesel so imo, 45k miles or so in 2 years isn't a huge amount of miles and if it has been sat on the motorway for most of the time then in theory the wear/tear on the engine is hardly going to be worse then someone doing 6k miles per year, on only short journeys.

I am trying to convince someone who seems to think as soon as the car hits 60k it will explode and be worth nothing.

Not going to start a new thread but if you were buying a car and it was 2 years old, with just under 50k miles, would you be concerned?

The car is a diesel so imo, 45k miles or so in 2 years isn't a huge amount of miles and if it has been sat on the motorway for most of the time then in theory the wear/tear on the engine is hardly going to be worse then someone doing 6k miles per year, on only short journeys.

I am trying to convince someone who seems to think as soon as the car hits 60k it will explode and be worth nothing.

Depends on the car. Also depends on the maintenance. If it was a 330d for example and had been fully serviced I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest.

Back
Top Bottom