What have you done to your car today?

Took my 55 to a merc indie to look at my valve cover gaskets that are weeping a little more than I would like. Reckons he can do it in 1 1/2 hours with no new parts needed - that sounds like a result. He is also going to check a few other things over for me. Think I will get all future servicing work done there if they do a good job with this. Going to pick up the car and return to work for free too :)

Then bought Meguiar's Headlight and Clear Plastic Restoration Kit...don't have a drill so did it by hand, but it has worked wonders with my headlights.

I love half term (espeically when the other half is away leaving me to my man toy) :D

Need any parts? :D

At the weekend I removed the driveshafts from my S2000 and swapped the inner cups from side to side, sorted a bad vibration it had on acceleration :)

Pic to show the cause of the issue, pitting in the cups which leads to vibration on acceleration.

10394138_10152450478291966_9005194854992741652_n.jpg

Current diseasel Audi didn't last long?

One of the newer a3's? Much better car than the A1 if so (assuming it doesn't have the dreadful 1.6)

No not a new A3.

To be honest it could all end in tears but I think it would be a good step up, if only because it has quattro/bit more sporty feel + handling. Even though the tech is noticeably older than the A1. I plan on getting the Audi extended warranty just for piece of mind in case anything does go wrong, then at least I would be covered.

All will be revealed in due time but it probably won't get a good reception on here and be labelled a hair dressers car (the A1 didn't exactly go down well though).

After a fair bit of worrying, I fixed a weird start up problem which cost me a grand total of 12 quid. The car feels different now, even idling is more consistent.

Was a coolant temp sensor that was causing my headaches.

Parked it up for hibernation. Picked up a gs300 with lpg for a winter hack, 2JZ no **** :p
Sofa on wheels, bit of a change from the mad Silvia, kind of like it pretty slow though.

I washed my new car for the first time today

I bought some new cleaning stuff, which I read up about

Kent 2in1 noodle mitt
Kent Extra Large drying Towel
Muc-Off - Wheel & component cleaning brush

washed it in 1 and a half hours using this new stuff , and it transforms the car, leaves it clean and no streaks !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom