What have you done to your car today?

Tried to tax the blue turd online just now. According to them it does not exist. So I decided to use the automated phone service. And according to them it does not exist and I should use the online way instead.

\o/ I've always wanted the car gone, but I didn't know I would end up with it ceasing to exist and yet still have it in my possession. Tomorrow, the post office! Let's see if we can make it three for three.

I've been looking at that, looks very good value - is it any good though?

Ive always ran my "workhorse" cars including my BMWs on this oil as its so cheap from CP4L/ECP and has a good spec on paper. None of my engines have blown up yet despite many tens of thousands of miles on it, what more can you say about an oil? :)

After losing my job I've decided to put the RS6 up for sale as 17mpg and a daily 70+ mile commute to my new job just don't work out that well together! :(

Not good :( is there no option to get a cheap commuting shed so you can keep the RS6? Would be a shame to sell it after everything you've done to it.

Cleared MOT. 2 minor advisory notes to be sorted soonish before they escalate given the weather right now, some corrosion on the exhaust and some play in the steering rack joint.

What Jez said basically.

Seems to meet loads of manufacturers specs including VW, BMW, Mercedes etc. Probably wouldn't stick in it in a 2014 BMW M5 mind, but for my 2002 330ci it is perfect.

I dont use it in my SL or RR but to be honest i probably should, i bet it would be absolutely fine. Those cars dont burn oil like the BMW though so they never need top ups :p

What does A0 signify?

Specific manufacturer tyres also allow them
to control the size and shape of tyre rather than ETRTO max in service tyres of that size. This allows better design as can allow tighter fender cuts to the wheel , sidewall to BODYSIDE flushness and remove the need for ugly spats on bumpers to meet legal tyre coverage.

Cost money for unique tooling but the big boys have the funds to do it.

Specific manufacturer tyres also allow them
to control the size and shape of tyre rather than ETRTO max in service tyres of that size. This allows better design as can allow tighter fender cuts to the wheel , sidewall to BODYSIDE flushness and remove the need for ugly spats on bumpers to meet legal tyre coverage.

Cost money for unique tooling but the big boys have the funds to do it.
Cool, thanks for the extra info :)

Accident!

Mercedes stopped, I stopped, 1979 Chevy truck towing a boat did not.

Accident1.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident3.jpg

AccidentIdiot.jpg

Trunk floor is warped, 2 months old though so hopefully won't be a total loss.

Insurance estimates are back, $4200 worth of damage.

I'd have said a lot more than that personally, double perhaps.

That does seem rather cheap, but then stuff often costs less over there so I'm not too surprised.

Anyway, today I did this, not quite on the car but I'll hopefully get it fitted in he next week or so, finished refurbing/rebuilding a subframe and associated parts.

d96ffde2bb8835f499eb221113154d31.jpg

Out with the old... in with the new.

Milltek exhaust and japseed decats. Sounds sublime!

Decats:

UyvyB3gl.jpg

Milltek back box and tail pipes:

xnTgXvkl.jpg

bcjyHhyl.jpg

Centre section:

HxEgUhXl.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the Y-pipe. It's the whole exhaust system basically.

Had it remapped - it was running a little lean, and the limiter on gears 1-3 has been removed as has the vmax limiter - not that I think I'll ever get near the 165-170mph top speed.

The torque curve is a lot flatter and more stable now across the rev range. Only got an extra 18bhp or so from stock, but the car is a lot more responsive thanks to the remap and it just sounds beautiful! Will try and get a vid. And yes, she's filthy. :(

Out with the old... in with the new.

Milltek exhaust and japseed decats. Sounds sublime!

Decats:

UyvyB3gl.jpg

Milltek back box and tail pipes:

xnTgXvkl.jpg

bcjyHhyl.jpg

Centre section:

HxEgUhXl.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the Y-pipe. It's the whole exhaust system basically.

Had it remapped - it was running a little lean, and the limiter on gears 1-3 has been removed as has the vmax limiter - not that I think I'll ever get near the 165-170mph top speed.

The torque curve is a lot flatter and more stable now across the rev range. Only got an extra 18bhp or so from stock, but the car is a lot more responsive thanks to the remap and it just sounds beautiful! Will try and get a vid. And yes, she's filthy. :(

About right for an NA surely?

Cleaned,polished and waxed it after doing 500 miles since Sunday. Amazing how quick they get dirty.

Checked my tyre pressures too....15psi in the OSR which might explain why I thought it wasn't driving quite right.

About right for an NA surely?

Yup - exactly what was expected :) V. happy with the responsiveness. It's more the torque/responsiveness of the map that makes the difference :)

You removed the rev limiter in the lower gears? are you serious?

Or is it simply a 'torque' limiter to stop people being stupid?

As in it limits power in the first 3 gears. It also has removed the speed limiter for Vmax.

Back
Top Bottom