What have you done to your car today?

Wish I knew rodenal, appraiser coming out soon.

It was a big impact! the candy I'd placed into the cubby hole under the dashboard ended up on the rear seats, it detached the third brake light. My neck feels a little odd, have a headache so I imagine it's going to hurt like hell tomorrow.

We have a car accident lawyer friend, I hate to be 'that guy' but as healthcare is such a pain here and expensive, and I'm going to lose out on this car now, I'm going to go down that route.

Although you'd hate to be "that guy" who does the whiplash claim, if I were in your situation where my neck did actually hurt quite badly then I'd claim. There's no point not doing it just because you feel bad about it.

Although you'd hate to be "that guy" who does the whiplash claim, if I were in your situation where my neck did actually hurt quite badly then I'd claim. There's no point not doing it just because you feel bad about it.

You claim if you suffer financial losses not just because your neck hurts.

That old truck, could have bad brakes and not be a suitable vehicle for towing a boat, if the person driving it caused me any kind of bodily harm I would not be happy about it regardless of any financial loss I may incur while recovering.

Let us know how you get on with your lawyer friend and I hope you are not feeling too bad today!

xhP2jC5.jpg

Cleaned up and waxoiled under one of the battery trays. Install freshly charged batteries. Take off flexi hose that connects bottom of air filter to intake manifold as it has farmers duct tape all over it.

About it for today

Spent a couple of wet hours in this, loved it....if this is the future, sign me up baby.
A1CF8339-7167-4A3A-BB83-D28D80623441_zpsjejr1jxj.jpg

Last edited:
fitted brake servo, master cylinder, connected brake lines up.. fitted heat reflective tape behind exhaust manifold and connected up manifold. Fitted alternator bracket and lined up.. no belt to install :-( connected one drive shaft up with surprisingly no issues on my project golf..

Topped up coolant and washer screen fluid on both the rx8 and insignia

[TW]Fox;27178965 said:
You claim if you suffer financial losses not just because your neck hurts.

Maybe in the UK, but health insurance is a big deal here, if this were to cause me problems 6 months down the line then if I don't file a claim I'll be the person who pays out for it.

So no, in this situation your statement is incorrect.

The guy was telling me about someone hit by an uninsured driver, his son spent 3 months in a coma, because the other guy was drunk and uninsured his insurance had to cover it, and his policy was only up to $25000... his medical bills were $1mil. Health insurance doesn't cover auto accidents, your car insurance does.

If you're self employed. If not sick pay will cover many people.

No sick pay over here

Maybe in the UK, but health insurance is a big deal here, if this were to cause me problems 6 months down the line then if I don't file a claim I'll be the person who pays out for it.

So no, in this situation your statement is incorrect.

The guy was telling me about someone hit by an uninsured driver, his son spent 3 months in a coma, because the other guy was drunk and uninsured his insurance had to cover it, and his policy was only up to $25000... his medical bills were $1mil. Health insurance doesn't cover auto accidents, your car insurance does.

Happened to a colleague of mine in the US. Had a huge accident with a lorry out there as a teenager. Still paying it 20 years later and still has more left to pay than the loan on his family home. Very different system out there, prices for the simplest things are astronomical.

Went for a 'drive for the sake of a drive' for the first time since my accident.

I took it a-lot easier than I used to, and as a result ended up enjoying it much more. Lesson learned. Learned the hard way, but at least I learned. :)

Driving at the limit of comfort rather than the limit of grip (and beyond, ha :D) is the way forward... :rolleyes:

Sorted out the stereo install, finally. Doubt I'll be using it as I only seem to have one working speaker but hey, at least I have one now, right? :D

It's meant to be here

Old position:
Stereo_FaceOn.jpg

But due to installing the VDO gauges in the stereo slot I had to find somewhere else to put it.

New position:
acced03aefe7b4df697f77ca6680ded3.jpg

863efdbfca002758adef1126ce990efd.jpg

Noticed I had a rear light not working on the MR2 when I was on my way home last night, just had a go at changing it and was greeted by this

MHa_Me_UY.jpg

Along with a lot of water and algae in the light unit, most likely caused by it's excursion into the ditch/pond.

Have replaced the bulb and its fine now, but once it stops raining I'll remove both light clusters and give them a proper clean.

I've been a little bit disappointed in my newer Focus since being able to actually see the MPG, averaging 37mpg - mainly because I like going fairly fast.

I decided to do 55-60mph on a 90 minute commute today, and was fairly amazed to see an average of 52.8mpg - which is somehow a bit higher (I think) than the extra-urban figures quoted for the car.

Amazed by how much fuel you can save driving a little bit more sensibly!

I've been a little bit disappointed in my newer Focus since being able to actually see the MPG, averaging 37mpg - mainly because I like going fairly fast.

I decided to do 55-60mph on a 90 minute commute today, and was fairly amazed to see an average of 52.8mpg - which is somehow a bit higher (I think) than the extra-urban figures quoted for the car.

Amazed by how much fuel you can save driving a little bit more sensibly!

I did a journey from Dartford to Deal and back again, both times sitting behind coaches the majority of the way at 50-60MPH. Managed 42MPG where I normally get around 28. I just find it too boring to do it all the time though, so I've never done it since :p

Back
Top Bottom