What have you done to your car today?

Changed all the bulbs in my headlights after putting it off for ages. (Scoob)

Removing headlights is probably the biggest job I've done on any car. The first one went really well and made me feel ed chinaesque. The second one was terrible and made me feel like mike brewer...

Changed the wheels to the oem ones with winter tyres on. AD08Rs go away until end of February. Looks crap on the stock wheels mind, so sunk into the arches :(

Also greased up the front anti roll bar bushes, got a creak at the front and think that's what's to blame. Will find out if that's cured on the drive to the garage tomorrow, where it's getting looked at for a rattle which may well be the aux belt tensioner or idler pulley.

Should be interesting trying to do my own stuff on the car this weekend. I barely have any hours to myself, so it will be nice to do something with my dad. :)

Going to need some new tyres soon as well.

1bZwgrx.png

Should be interesting trying to do my own stuff on the car this weekend. I barely have any hours to myself, so it will be nice to do something with my dad. :)

Going to need some new tyres soon as well.

1bZwgrx.png

Scratch the oil and change it for Triple QX full synth. And the Eicher brake pads!? :/

Bought 8l Castrol Edge for £51 and some filters ready for it's upcoming pre-winter service :)

Nice, where from?

Changed my rear ARB linkages last week. The N/S one decided it'd rather die than give in. My prybar and I were willing to oblige.

HMANYOMl.jpg.png

Also getting my RTAB's changed this afternoon chasing this issue with the car feeling a bit unstable through right hand corners/on roundabouts. If RTAB's don't solve it then I have no idea what is wrong.

Summary of problem:
- Car feels amazing and corners like its on rails.
- Car goes in for two new rear tyres (same tyres as what came off)
- Car comes out feeling very slippery/unstable - put down to new tyres
- 2000 miles later, car doesn't feel completely stable still, only when going around right hand bends and roundabouts and the DSC kicks in way too soon. Fast right hand sweeping bends results in the DSC kicking in through the entire bend. However going through left hand bends the car still feels amazing and flat as you like.
- Replaced rear ARB linkages and rear ARB bushes. Small difference.
- Tyre pressures are all good. FCAB's done 15k miles ago. All new shocks, springs all round. Full 4 wheel KDS alignment.

RTABs are the only thing that haven't had any kind of mention in service history.

I'm stumped if RTABs don't solve it

Not sure I can mention the name as they sell computers and stuff - it's one of the large American cash and carry type places that begins with a C :)

You can name them if you are talking about oil. :)

Just like we can talk about Tesco and Amazon, as long as we don't talk about products OcUK also sell. :)

Bought these babies. All about the A0 :cool:

IMG_1073_zps283694f1.jpg

Also washed it and noticed a massive dent in the rear quarter panel courtesy of some ****'s door.

You can name them if you are talking about oil. :)

Just like we can talk about Tesco and Amazon, as long as we don't talk about products OcUK also sell. :)

Ah, makes perfect sense :D In that case, it was from Costco.

They had some other deals on Magnatec, but the Edge was £25-26 per 4l bottle.

Edit: Pic of the deals

What does A0 signify?

AO, its the audi marker. I am not very upthere when it comes to tyre speak but for some reason a lot of premium tyres come with a manufacturer marking. Mercedes for example is MO. I assume it is a slight variation on the non marked spec which has been tested by the manufacturer.

AO, its the audi marker. I am not very upthere when it comes to tyre speak but for some reason a lot of premium tyres come with a manufacturer marking. Mercedes for example is MO. I assume it is a slight variation on the non marked spec which has been tested by the manufacturer.
It also adds extra writing on the sidewalls. Totally worth the extra £5 per tyre :D

As you say, MB has A0, Porsche has N-rated and BMW has a star. In reality I'm sure it makes no difference.

Although thinking about it, I had M0 ContiWinterContacts on the back of my Leon and spun off into a ditch :eek:
The lack of tread meeting snow and ice had nothing to do with it, I'm sure..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom