What have you done to your car today?

Did the same thing to mine!

Best thing was covering the underside of the rear armrest, really seemed to make a difference to the gearbox noises.

Low tech factory fit MDF sub box in a GTR?

You would think Nissan would fit something better than that?

That is aftermarket, stock looks nothing like that.

They aren't something I'd seek out specifically but if they came up at a decent price I'd be temped to buy if I wanted to change from some stock alloys, they look ok and do seem to go ok on the e46s shown above.

Exactly. I needed something so I could get winters onto the stock rims, so these will do.

This is what they will be going on :

And, well, I am a fan of the concave look.

Last edited:
Checked (and slightly adjusted) the aim of my headlights' HID projectors this evening, to tie in with the replacements of the bulbs with Osram Cool Blue Intense (pretty much the best bulbs you can fit in terms of brightness married with 5000k (daylight) colour temp) and make sure I generally get the best out of them.

If anyone's wondering how to do it, and perhaps wants to check theirs:

1. Park your car on level ground and in front of a wall / garage door, so that the projector lens is 25 feet / 300 inches away from the wall.

2. Measure the height from the ground to the centre of the projector lens.

3. Place some tape along the wall to mark this height.

3. Switch on the headlights, open the bonnet and locate the vertical adjustment - usually a female hex bolt on the top of the headlight unit. Make sure you're not adjusting the horizontal alignment.

4. Check where the beam cut-off sits. It needs to be adjusted so that the rough centre of the horizontal beam cut-off lies 2.5-3 inches below the height that you marked on the wall with tape.

When you're driving along, check that the beam cut-off isn't higher than the door mirrors of other cars. If it is, you've adjusted it too high.

I found that mine needed a little adjustment - they were aiming a little bit low, especially the nearside. This should help a bit with the distance throw of the projectors whilst driving.

Spent an hour this evening trying to figure out why the central locking on Mum's Clio kept cycling all on its own.

Fixed the inevitable blocked windscreen drain tubes that had been leaking into the footwell and was about to start tearing apart the interior to see if there was damp in the electrics when someone found the spare keys which had been going around and around in the nearby washing machine for the last hour :p

At least the drains got unblocked.

Fitted a new set of Glow plugs & gave the battery a full charge, Starts straight up & ticks over lovely, JD.

Also Ratchet Spanners are worth there weight in Gold, Fact !!!

Not me but paid £850 for disks and pads, heated mirror mods, tow bar wiring and a fix on the parking sensors.

Also claim submitted to Toyota warranty for new injectors and a reprogrammed ECU of ECU swap which should be £2,800

Low tech factory fit MDF sub box in a GTR?

You would think Nissan would fit something better than that?

It's an aftermarket one which houses a much better sub, the OEM Bose one was/is pants.

Did the same thing to mine!

Best thing was covering the underside of the rear armrest, really seemed to make a difference to the gearbox noises.

Gearbox/drivetrain noises etc I'm fine with, this is a metallic vibration at around 2.5k when cold, been driving me mad for months so the interior is not going back in until I find and fix it!

Not a heatshield of some sort rattling?

Could be but I've had the car on ramps a couple of times checking every bolt, panel and possible metal on metal action, couldn't find anything that would cause this kind of vibration!

reversed into a wall :(
I was parking up, just went a little too far

not checked it yet, but I hope she's ok

I have an excuse though, the car is bigger than what im used too (clio I had before)

I managed to scape the nuts off a new carbon fibre splitter on Friday after going front first into a space for the first, and last, time.

Fitted the newer light up auto shift to my e92, due to its "verticalness" it looks great in park, but in drive, its sent into an acute angle and so you can't really see the light up goodness. Don;t know if I'll keep it on or not, I suppose its more interesting than the standard shifter. I guess thats why these are angled forward in the latest iterations.

Took my SLK55 to Infinity Exhausts for an xpipe fitting and secondary cat deletion. Words cannot express how impressed I am. The service was fantastic and the new roar of the V8 puts a smile on my face every time I put my foot down (which was many times between Bath and Reading). Got back and put the top down...that experience gives me an even bigger grin. Why did I even debate having this done!

Here is the finished product...
zlnxclyl.jpg

:D

Changed the E46 trim from this:

To this:

Stereo need a bit of jiggery pokery to get in right. And unsure what to do with the steering wheel trim yet.

Back
Top Bottom