What have you done to your car today?

Fitted a new tailgate weatherstrip/rubber seal to the wife's collander......sorry - Pug 107. Removed the high level brake light, cleaned up the mating face and replaced the foam sealing strip on it. Removed rear light units and replaced the foam rubber seals on those too.

Sick of the thing being soaked with condensation inside, there was a 3" deep pool of water in the spare wheel well in the boot yesterday. Hopefully the above repairs will prevent this. I like mushrooms as much as anyone else but not when they are growing on the drivers footwell carpets!

The SGS stuff does look good, I've already got a low profile trolley jack but it's not a quick lift so keep meaning to order one.

I'd just drop each front wheel onto a bit of wood / brick, should give you enough clearance at the front and back under the skirts

Yeah I hit a kerb. Car just slid no matter what I did. Think I'll need a new axle too. Not sure how much job will cost going to speak to insurers tomorrow.

So not really JUST as a result of the weather. Must have been driving too fast for the conditions.

So not really JUST as a result of the weather. Must have been driving too fast for the conditions.

I went from a gritted road to a road with a huge patch of black ice. This could not have been seen at the time of the incident. I turned and the back end just span out and smacked against the kerb.

So too fast for the conditions then. Otherwise it would never have happened.

I'm not having a go, just stating a fact here. These things can happen to anyone.

I started doing the paint on my Mx5. I bought a new door as my current one has a big dent so i started with that. I wanted a satin blue and i ended up buying some dulux weathershield typically used for painting door. Imo an mx5 looks a bit more manly when they are a bit rough and held together with cable ties etc, so i had no problem painting it with a mini roller. The result im more than happy with, it is just what i was after and the finish excellent. The picture is terrible as it was on my phone. I just need to wait for the weather to let me do the rest of the car.

door_paintsmall.jpg

So too fast for the conditions then. Otherwise it would never have happened.

I'm not having a go, just stating a fact here. These things can happen to anyone.

I just misjudged it, but you're right, it can happen to anyone. I'm down about it as I like the car but it's going to cost quite a few bob to fix it back to how it should be. Something which I need to think throughly as nearly all the suspension needs to be fixed on the nearside.

Lol Fox, you know what I meant.

[TW]Fox;27475838 said:
You are doing it wrong. What you need to do now is continually tell the internet how your summers are 'all over the place' in the cold and how winters are definitely not only really useful in the snow and ice.

Don't forget to use the 7c threshold over and over again.

Well, to follow up on this, the road was snow covered this morning on my way out. Pretty happy with the performance, I was able to pull away and drive normally and it barely even triggered the TC. All the previous RWD summer tyre'd cars would have been slithering and sliding all over the shop possibly getting stuck half way up the road.

I started doing the paint on my Mx5. I bought a new door as my current one has a big dent so i started with that. I wanted a satin blue and i ended up buying some dulux weathershield typically used for painting door. Imo an mx5 looks a bit more manly when they are a bit rough and held together with cable ties etc, so i had no problem painting it with a mini roller. The result im more than happy with, it is just what i was after and the finish excellent. The picture is terrible as it was on my phone. I just need to wait for the weather to let me do the rest of the car.

door_paintsmall.jpg

Sand that down, clearcoat, sand, polish. Looks like it'd come out pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom