What have you done to your car today?

A friend of mine used a back Street garage and the young boy said 'I do t even know why they fit thee metal bits to the wheel' while fitting something for near enough illegal.

She to say he went elsewhere. Still fitted part works though.

Sold the leather interior and a few other bits from my old merc. That project is now well and truly over and i will be scrapping whats left :(. Owned that car for nearly 6 years and i didn't think that i would ever part with it, however after 2 years with a half completed engine transplant i have called it a day.

Props for the binning on day 1 antics :D

There may be a silver lining but it's an expensive way to change the wheels to silver :p

Does the E92 M3 allow more sideways action with DSC left on then or is it dependent on the drive select mode? My car will not allow traction to be lost even if there's a sniff of slip. It's annoying when you're trying to move from standstill at times or get ahead of the car beside but gives peace of mind at the same time!

Thanks :p With it fully on it's quite intrusive, M-Dynamic Mode gives a bit but will still catch you. This occurred in MDM, however rethinking the series of events now I've got a clearer head I'm pretty sure I panicked after minor slip, lifted off, and that oversteer.

Bright red with black wheels, thats different :eek:

Bad luck about the damage to the wheel, at least its just the wheel :)

Unique innit ;)

I did that in my bmw, it bent the lower arm, the trailing arm, broke the driveshaft, the diff, even bent the diff carrier. Just sayin'.

Ouch. guessing it was the rear wheel you hit?

Christ almighty :eek: Unlucky Callum. I hope there's no further underlying damage :( Definitely go silver!!

Makes my little car park faux pas last night seem even more insignificant now...:

That's a great result from the DA, fancy doing mine? :p

Crikey Calum, that must have been a hefty smack. Is that a new record for purchase > crash time? Wasn't there a guy on here a couple of years ago who binned an S2000 the day after he bought it or something?

Glad you're OK. And your car looks(ed) great, nice to see a non-monochrome colour on a car :)

Thanks, once the car is back in working order we'll have to sort out a photoshoot :)

Going to get the center part of the wheel mounted on a plaque and leave it on my desk as a reminder for the future.

cg4ex3b.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of epoxy resin and a tin of paint will see that right Vox. :p

But seriously, glad you were not hurt and fingers crossed that there is not to much more damage underneath.

Awesome car BTW. :cool:

A bit of epoxy resin and a tin of paint will see that right Vox. :p

Might take it into a local wheel refurb place and ask how good their welding is :p

[TW]Fox;27634565 said:
Day 1 and straight to the off button on the DSC, inspired choice :p

DSC went off on the test drive actually, only way to enable S6 shifting ;)

Lifting a posh M3 with that dodgy as **** jack too :/

It's the stock jack from an E46, normally I'd use a trolley jack but with the wheel collapsed the scissor was the only one that would fit underneath.

is that right?

It felt that way (incident aside), I'll be able to say more once I've driven the car for more than 4 hours :p

My mate handbraked a car in a tescos car park and hit a kerb with so much force the car went up on two wheels. We thought it was going onto it's roof. It twisted the whole shell out of whack so that nothing was ever aligned or ever closed properly again. He wasn't even going that quick either. Probably 25-30.

Are you sure? There is an awful lot of weight on it, so surely that would make it fairly stable?

Our Aygo had one of those types of jacks and I wouldn't trust it to lift the Aygo despite how little the Aygo weighed. Sketchy as hell. May be fine for a roadside fix, but at home I use a proper jack.

Are you sure? There is an awful lot of weight on it, so surely that would make it fairly stable?

Ignore Clarkey he's just a miserable pessimist. :p

Only time I've ever had issue with a standard jack was when jacking up on a soft surface and it slipped, not really surprising though and I was an idiot for trying. That style of jack is surprisingly stable too, I have a similar one for the Golf and have to use it if first before the trolley jack due to the height of it, never had issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom