What have you done to your car today?

new front bumper
two new wheel arches
two new radiators
new under tray thing
fix wiring loom

my money is on 100% write off

Doesn't the wiring loom have the potential to be a complete pain? If it's a write off will you go for another Z4, or fancy a change?

All this talk about badgers has just reminded me of when I was driving very slowly down a narrow country lane a few years back.

Badger strolled out in front of me, so I said "oh look, there's a badger" and promptly drove into it. Was going so slow it didn't even knock it over, but gave my passengers plenty of entertainment :p

Was just about to post that :D

Takes a lot to write off a car, I'd say that's fairly easily fixed.

500 per radiator
300 bumper
wiring loom isn't that big a deal.

I wish you owned a garage :p well for the bodywork and wiring loom pricing, your radiators are crazy costly :p

as for my change of car, an RR sport but with LPG, I know I know, but its all about the MPGZ

[TW]Fox;27644957 said:
Remind me again the reasons why you'd pick a Disco 3 with a body... sorry an RR Sport over a proper RR? :p

I like the waftiness of it all, and the RR sport is slightly less enormous, its just a pipe dream really, I'd like an m5 estate too, maybe an xkr (5.0) convertible etc...

What will I end up with? something gay complete with curling tongs and a blue rinse aid

I like the waftiness of it all, and the RR sport is slightly less enormous, its just a pipe dream really, I'd like an m5 estate too, maybe an xkr (5.0) convertible etc...

What will I end up with? something gay complete with curling tongs and a blue rinse aid

Buy a proper FF RR. The RR Sport offers all the downsides of RR ownership without the upsides of that wonderful interior and not looking like nothing matters but the bling :p

OK I'm not adverse to that, am I right in thinking you don't mind the LPG aspect, never really thought about it but after sitting in my broken down car for a while I decided to investigate, RR Sport was the first coolish car I found with a conversion.

Went to BLiNK Motorsport in Cheshire again, had the following work done:

New lightened flywheel fitted (TTV item, 4kg, stock one is around 8kg)

4Cp7lKc.jpg

New clutch fitted (figured made sense to change this at the same time as the flywheel, went for an Exedy OEM spec item which is still plenty strong enough for the ~200bhp the car made).

Really happy with the improvement here, drivability seems similar to stock, maybe slightly sharper clutch engagement, but none of the issues people normally associate with a lightened flywheel (noise and vibrations, stalling all the time at slow speeds etc). The car feels much more eager to rev, quicker in the lower gears and generally much more like a sports car should!

Rear alignment bolts all removed, replaced with new items treated with anti-seize.

WuLzkxB.jpg

Full 4 wheel alignment on Hunter setup.

Lyp19Uq.jpg

Had a free power run on the dyno as well, BLiNK haven't seen a car with cams yet and wanted to see how it compared to the cars they have modified themselves (usually just manifold/exhaust, panel filter and remap, with the stock cams retained).

They use a hub dyno which makes it harder to compare to other places that have rollers. They were pretty impressed, mapping was very safe throughout the rev range, and it showed a peak of 151bhp at the hub, with the correction factor they normally use (x1.35) to estimate flywheel power and power runs on a roller dyno, they reckon this is a safe 200bhp, plenty of fun for an ~1130kg car :)

Fitted second wishbone with powerflex bushes. Fitted new ball joint, fitted new ARB bushes and tie rod ends.

then got tracking sorted.

Phew was a long day

Replaced the Alcantara gaiter with a thick leather one. In hindsight I should have gotten a Nappa leather one... Oh well.

rps20150218_082549_283.jpg

Made it and R reg.

rps20150218_082623_345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom