What have you done to your car today?

Ran out of petrol near a petrol station, scooted to the petrol station, realised I didn't have enough money to buy petrol, had to log into online banking on my phone to transfer funds to my other card, phone ran out of battery, had to sit in the car charging my phone to 5% so that it would turn on, then had to finish transferring the funds, then put my card in the pay at the pump reader, put in my pin etc, went to pick up the nozzle, and only then did I realise that it was out of order, so I had to push the car to another pump and fill it...

Couldn't make it up... :p

Also used the car to push a couple of bins. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yesterday was not a good day of motoring.

Had an appointment with someone vastly more important than me in the morning, and when I tried to start the car it was completely dead. Assumed it was the battery as I hadn't driven it for a few days, so I called the guy I was meeting to tell him I wouldn't be there.

Only then did I think to actually look at the battery - turns out it was just one of the connectors had come loose and just needed to be tightened up. So I then had to call him and tell him to ignore everything I said before and that actually everything was fine.

After the meeting, I decided to take a drive down the coast and get lunch somewhere as it was a really nice day. On the way back, I was on a roundabout which a motorbike decided to pretend didn't exist, only saw me at the last second, lost control and ended up sliding into my sill, creating a nice dent

IMG_2490.jpg

Naturally, he tried to blame me - apparently I drove straight into him and was going over the speed limit. I told him that it was physically impossible to go around that particular roundabout over the speed limit, I clearly didn't drive into him as the only damage was right at the bottom of the car, and even offered him a passenger ride to demonstrate how slowly you have to go around that particular roundabout, which he declined.

I'm not that bothered about the dent in the sill as you can't see it unless you look under the car, so I was happy to leave it. He was all angry, saying he'd call me that evening with his insurance details etc, but surprise surprise, he didn't. I suspect he got home and realised he was being a bit of a ****.

I went to the police anyway, just to make sure, and after they inspected the car they told me I had nothing to worry about. I've left them photos and all the details so hopefully that should be the end of it.

Scooby looks fun there :)

I spent the afternoon (and half the evening) putting a new set of plugs in the ST.

Not the hardest job in the world but as usual I spent some extra time dodging rain showers, washing the plastic rocker covers and air intake pipe, and giving the top of the motor a general clean-up. Plus something as simple as removing the coil-sticks proved to be a bit of a challenge due to the rubber collars being reluctant to let go of the plugs :rolleyes:

Swapping over my nice clean K&N cone filter for the grubby one on the car will have to wait till Sunday now.

I went out to the garage intending to rip out the rubbish Innovate LC-1 wideband from the Westfield and fit the Techedge 2J2 replacement. After half an hour even with the heating on in the garage I bottled it as it was just too damn cold.

I'll have another go when it's warmer :-)

Got my polo dune 1.4tdi remapped. I wanted a bit more power as it has a very long gear box ratio (1st and 2nd). But also wanted more mpg and I can say what a transformation. Mpg around town has improved, motorway seems the same. But the extra power is very pleasant!

How can you say that, he hasn't even said how much he spent?

Yeah it's not gonna be a monster but the gains from a remap will be reasonable in percentage terms, like most modern turbo diesels.

got the estimate back, £4133.99 for all the work (needs a new bonnet too apparently)

writing the car off

decisions, decisions as half of the cost is cosmetic, I might see if I can buy it back, I do love the car even if it's not for 99.9% of the male population :p

Doh that's frustrating!!!!

But if your able to get any parts from it like the carbon fibre interior *cough* I'd def be interested :p /vulture_mode

How can you say that, he hasn't even said how much he spent?

Yeah it's not gonna be a monster but the gains from a remap will be reasonable in percentage terms, like most modern turbo diesels.

Even if its £250 it still seems a lot to spend on that sort of engine. I appreciate an improvement is an improvement....it just seems.....pointless

Seems a lot of money to spend on something like a 1.4tdi?

Well ive got the car for 5 years, and only cost *£150 to get it done, so I thought it might aswel. I know what your saying, its only a 1.4tdi. Standard was 70hp, but it's about 95hp now, so it makes a big difference.

If I didn't have the car for 5 years, I wouldn't of done it.

You've got it for 5 years? How is it that fixed? I thought it was an 06 Polo, you seem to imply its a financed new one if its fixed for 5 years, in which case remapping it doesn't sound smart.

Back
Top Bottom