What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Clearly they had a customer in with a dead one and nicked one of yours...
Replaced yours with the dead one they took out of the other car..
Either that or you are going bat**** and have forgotten you changed one yourself. :p

Either way... dodgy!!
I can't say I haven't "borrowed a part" off a customers car to prove a fault but I've always put it back. :eek: (MAF sensors usually as it's nigh on impossible to test)

Last edited:
Soldato
Started to install the rollcage, drill died so will leave it until tomorrow now. Also took out the electric windows and wacked the lexan windows in :)

IMG_2492.JPG

:cool:

Do you use that every day? Bravo if so :p

Soldato
Fixed the sticking bonnet mechanism . Lots of old hard grease . Degreased and cleaned and lubed and now working fine .

Swapped all my bulbs for +90 more light bulbs (6 x h1 )

Stripped down all the wiper assembly as was getting a lot of vibration and juddering (common issue on primeras) . As suspected the shafts were seized in there mounts so stripped/cleaned and lubed and refitted and all working lovely now

Associate
Simplified the PCV system and fitted a catch can although i'm still waiting on the can to come from America so I've improvised and modified a protein shaker :D

20130217143527.jpg

Just need to pick up some synthetic wire wool and it will last until the decent one arrives. Oh and cleaned the car to as it was filthy.

20130217161002.jpg

Soldato
Checked the oil level on Type R and my RX8, both perfecto mondo. I've done 1.5k miles since changing oil on the RX8 and it's smack in the middle... another 1k and I'll just dump the whole lot and change again. Times in perfect with my 3k mile oil changes infact lol.

Soldato
Simplified the PCV system and fitted a catch can although i'm still waiting on the can to come from America so I've improvised and modified a protein shaker :D
:cool::cool::cool: Nice moves man :-0

@kona786
Sweet ride man, rare and quality car that is now and nice to see one in such good condition.

Wash & waxed it.
Quick pic with my new to me Hardtop.

Got time on my mates ramp Tuesday to fit the Koni lowering springs/shocks to lose my comedy ride height.

I like it. :cool:
You gonna be able to lower much there?, them tyres are way outside the car from what I can see unless it's the angle, anymore than 10-15mm you in danger or catching with two people in over bumps, it's kinda hard to see really...? Saying that, just looking again yeah... I mean I can't talk, my front wheels on the 205 used to catch on full lock and bad bumps as I was lower 50mm on 17's.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Checked the oil level on Type R and my RX8, both perfecto mondo. I've done 1.5k miles since changing oil on the RX8 and it's smack in the middle... another 1k and I'll just dump the whole lot and change again. Times in perfect with my 3k mile oil changes infact lol.

What oil do you use in it?

Soldato
OP
Well, in the end I decided to take the alloys off my car for their DIY refurb, and replace them with 14" steelies for the time being. Glad I kept them in my shed :p

The steelies minged hard, so I got a £1 rattle can of paint for a quick dusting of black paint. End result, not too bad.

Edit: Jesus, what a crap photo :D thanks iPhone.

5199627D-2D54-462D-A425-A7EDE63EC2C5-488-0000006A407B0183_zps34d2db2d.jpg

Soldato

20130217143527.jpg

Just need to pick up some synthetic wire wool and it will last until the decent one arrives. Oh and cleaned the car to as it was filthy.

Next time your under the hood, can you do a little experiment for me? at idle, open the oil cap and let it rest on the top, and see how much it bounces around. I'm wondering whether my pcv system is clogged, as im getting leaky gaskets, and a funny idle.

Very tidy looking car though, even with the el cheapo protein shake catch can :D

Associate
Ok bud no problem i'll try it for you. Chances are is clogged/leaking.

If you haven't already do the N249 Bypass if your car has it as that is just as much a mess as the PCV underneath the inlet and causes crap idle.

Its worth doing the catch can and you remove around 10 pipes and replace them with two and its so simple.

Yeah, i admit the shaker is pretty naff looking but it performs fine and once i tidied up the bay and put all the covers back on it just looks like i've wedge my shaker in the bay lol

waiting on a customized one of these;

http://www.saikoumichi.com/951_page.htm

my car wants for nothing, honestly! :D

Man of Honour
I popped along to the Pistonheads Sunday Service at Silverstone today. A quick rear end shot that makes me smile as it shows just how modern cars have grown larger compared to old skool; the 3 series would have been about the same size as the Corrado in the 90's.

Corrado.jpg

When I got home I did an oil and filter service and replaced the cracked front splitter:

Corrado_service.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok bud no problem i'll try it for you. Chances are is clogged/leaking.

If you haven't already do the N249 Bypass if your car has it as that is just as much a mess as the PCV underneath the inlet and causes crap idle.

Its worth doing the catch can and you remove around 10 pipes and replace them with two and its so simple.

Yeah, i admit the shaker is pretty naff looking but it performs fine and once i tidied up the bay and put all the covers back on it just looks like i've wedge my shaker in the bay lol

waiting on a customized one of these;

http://www.saikoumichi.com/951_page.htm

my car wants for nothing, honestly! :D

Yea I've got a 225 TT which has the N249, any difference with it removed? Would be nice to clean up the engine bay, just worried it would get rid of an important feature, but I'm not even sure what it really does! Whats the advantage of having a solenoid controlled diverter valve in the first place?

Caporegime
The 1.8t has lots of blowing from the oil filler, I was worried when I first noticed it but after searching around the net it's normal.

With my oil filler slack it has enough pressure at idle to slightly rattle it around.

Soldato
The 1.8t has lots of blowing from the oil filler, I was worried when I first noticed it but after searching around the net it's normal.

With my oil filler slack it has enough pressure at idle to slightly rattle it around.

Sounds similar to mine then. I having a panic attack from oil seepage from the engine, I came from a fiesta that was bone dry, never leaked one drop.

Associate
Yea I've got a 225 TT which has the N249, any difference with it removed? Would be nice to clean up the engine bay, just worried it would get rid of an important feature, but I'm not even sure what it really does! Whats the advantage of having a solenoid controlled diverter valve in the first place?

It's only used when the traction control kicks in, when you're going round a corner and suddenly the power dips off etc? That's the N249 kicking in and opening the diverter valve to dump the boost. It is pretty useless and in fact dangerous as it really unsettles the car.

Theere is a difference and it's positive, plus it removes all the guff that is bound to be leaking.

On your engine its very simple, 4mm silicone tube from the top of the diverter valve to the nipple on the left underside of the intake, everything in between is binned. Nothing needs to be blanked off just need to leave the N249 connected electronically otherwise it will throw up a fault.

Soldato
My N249 is bypassed, no problems before hand but I did it anyway. Currently got existing PCV system in but with silicone hoses, looking at a catch can system now though!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
You gonna be able to lower much there?, them tyres are way outside the car from what I can see unless it's the angle, anymore than 10-15mm you in danger or catching with two people in over bumps, it's kinda hard to see really...? Saying that, just looking again yeah... I mean I can't talk, my front wheels on the 205 used to catch on full lock and bad bumps as I was lower 50mm on 17's.

Think it's just the angle mate, I ******* hope so anyway. :p

Side on pic of my 4x4 stance. :( Plenty of room ?

Don't forget I'm not s'posed to get the full 40mm as I am putting Mk2 Springs/shocks on my Mk1.

Man of Honour
Cleaned it using a stackload of products - loving the extra gloss protection from autoglym. Too clean to use now, think I will get my other half to drive me around :D

Back
Top Bottom