What have you done to your car today?

Loving those Advans but as a Rota Force owner I am biased (yes I have the 'copy' of that wheel design on my car :o)

Tyre choice likely to be important with that tight a fitment to the coilover, no? Bit of stretch planned? :)

Update for my car, one deeply annoying rattle fixed today, the aftermarket manifold always seemed to vibrate more than stock, now I was expecting more noise with an aftermarket but a trip to BLiNK motorsport a month ago and they highlighted the issue....the garage that fitted my manifold (Roddison Motorsport in Sheffield) had not followed the fitting instructions properly and had left a bracket in place that just touches one of the primaries, at certain rev ranges this caused a noticable buzz.

26pZdhB.jpg

Got the bracket removed, trimmed and refitted - it is necessary to retain it due to the length of the bellhousing bolts but trimming off the tab provides enough clearance. The manifold bolts were also re-tightened, they were far looser than they should have been, as was the heatshield.

Outcome? One annoying buzz/rattle gone, and the car sounds much better when wringing it out to the red line :)

Got my alloys fitted, the front tyres were bald on the inside edge, so now I'm sitting in the waiting room of another garage to get the tracking and alignment done, then when I get in I'll order two new tyres.

Today is turning out to be more expensive than I'd hoped. :rolleyes:

As a side note, am I alright to have 165:70's on the front and 185:60's on the back? Same outer diameter. Then the next time I get a pair changed theyll all be 185:60's.

Last edited:
Bloody anti fuel theft things! Hate selling cars cheap with full tanks of petrol.

/*****

Not sure what car this is but when i needed fuel out of a couple of cars i went in through the sender unit which was under the rear bench seat on both occasions i think....

Replaced a split heater matrix hose and washed it

5 minute job made a complete nightmare because someone had managed to rotate the hose clip so it was almost impossible to get to so I could get something on to release it

Installed a solar battery top up thing to my truck coz the battery keeps going flat.

was tempted to hoover it then remembered it's supposed to be a manly man's car, as such mud and dirt and stuff is all the rage....gggrrrrr

LlgNJ78.jpg

oh and aero wipers, suppose thats quite girlie

Drove 200 miles each way to Kidderminster to collect my new alloys, car didn't miss a beat and averaged 49MPG. Cleaned them up when I got home, and will be having my tyres swapped over tomorrow. :)

So you aren't selling the polo than? I remember ages ago when I was looking for a car you mentioned something, but I still haven't bought anything yet. :p

Radiator started leaking at Spa this week, replaced that today and made a start on swapping the gearbox for the 6spd/LSD one I built over the winter. Will hopefully get the new box in tomorrow and fingers crossed it'll all work properly otherwise I'll be swapping back before the first sprint of the season next weekend

Did a 185K mile service and had the windscreen replaced after a fourth chip appeared. Now I've just got some ABS sensor wiring to fix and a OSR Trailing Arm bush which is perishing rapidly to sort.

Back
Top Bottom