What have you done to your car today?

What size tyres are you running Diagro? They are very bulbous... not brill on a hot hatch. I assume 195/50/15 for that price.

Hey
They are indeed 195/50/15

I went with those as i wanted some extra height on the tyre for comfort yet still keep it on par with what others are doing.

Many people on the Clio sport owners clubs run 15" with that profile so i thought it would be fine.

And so far, they are great.

Dropped it off at the garage for a gearbox repair and new clutch. Was on its way out but it finally died. Slipped in every gear as the input shaft bearing went, causing oil to spray into the clutch housing, causing it to slip. Lots of smoke also :p

7 years old and less than 50,000 miles. Peugeot just brushed me aside. Never again.

Last edited:
Picked up the wife's car from the garage after having this little beauty fixed:

NVVy8Jhl.jpg.png

Lovely error that was. I took it for a 40 mile jaunt when the error appeared and it seemed fine to me at the time but clearly it wasn't :)

Why are your tyres different sizes Acme?

[TW]Fox;27833224 said:
Wider rears on an FWD Polo?

Okay so, my car, as an 'E', came as standard with 14" steel wheels and 165 width tyres, I then upgraded the wheels to genuine 14" alloy wheels from an 'S' model.

The 14" alloys take 185's, but I put my existing 165's on with a slight stretch because they still had great tread. When the fronts wore out, I put the rears on the front and bought some 185's for the back so that I had the correct tyre width on the rears, and then when the fronts wear out next time, all four tyres will be 185's.

I did check that it would all be OK before I did it, and the difference in outer diameter is something like 1.5%, since the 165's are 70's, and the 185's are 60's. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom