What have you done to your car today?

I'm so tempted to buy a Coupe Turbo. I've had a keen eye on them for years having seen one decimate an STi at a TOTALLY LEGAL HONEST GUV street race in my younger years. They seem fairly affordable now too, what's ownership like?

You can get one for a grand, but it'll need quite a lot of work! Prices seem to be going up slowly over the last year or so which is good. As for ownership costs... it varies a lot! Some people get away with spending very little, I haven't though - some of it is just the usual 10-15 year old car stuff, bushes need changing etc etc, so in the past near 4 years I've changed a lot!
Past 12 months have been about 2k, but that includes full belts change, new uprated clutch, rear subframe bushes. Overall total is several times that, although there is some upgrades in there :p

That one in the link does look good, best bet is to sign up to http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ - plenty of information there about everything

Crikey, I've spent that in the last 6 months on my Mini One :p

Granted it was a shed when I bought it and it's only getting tarted up for my wife to drive before I buy something better for myself, but still, knowing I could've spent that on something.... "fruitier" like a Coupe Turbo is definitely foor for thought.

Well I think my total is about £9k overall so far, on replacing things + upgrades. On a car I bought for £1.7k! Things do seem to be getting better though, running out of old stuff to break! So hopefully each year from now will get cheaper :p

Last edited:
Nope :( Hoping to find a decent condition bonnet in the right colour, then will get that fitted and sort out a few other paintwork issues. That's my main aim for this year, so am keeping an eye out on eBay etc for bonnets! One car breaking in the right colour fairly local, but they didn't reply to my message about bonnet :(

Diddums - with the exhaust and fpr, I'll hopefully be around 350bhp & 320lb/ft - standard internals about maxed there (well, 330-340lb/ft really for standard rods). I think that'll be enough power though, can't go more without a lot more expense so it will have to do!

Had a BRAND new Set of Alloys with Rainsport3's fitted.
They have made such a difference to how the car feels and drives.

Saturday its being wrapped so will update with Better quality pics.

Poor picture and there is paste stuff still on tyre.

They are Wolfrace GB Milano. And to be fair at £275 for the set they were a bargain.
The Tyres were £140 for the set too.
I like them, I dont see whats not to like tbh. They suit the car when viewed properly.

Back
Top Bottom