What have you done to your car today?

Caporegime
Sounds similar to mine then. I having a panic attack from oil seepage from the engine, I came from a fiesta that was bone dry, never leaked one drop.

I thought i was getting some serious blow-by and my rings are shot, it was only when i thought about it and figured the car wasn't using any oil or smoking that i stopped panicking.

I've already removed my SAI since the pump body had cracked, i intend to tidy up the rest of the PCV system next.

Soldato
Clearly they had a customer in with a dead one and nicked one of yours...
Replaced yours with the dead one they took out of the other car..
Either that or you are going bat**** and have forgotten you changed one yourself. :p

Either way... dodgy!!
I can't say I haven't "borrowed a part" off a customers car to prove a fault but I've always put it back. :eek: (MAF sensors usually as it's nigh on impossible to test)

Definitely not going crazy !

Either way, dooooooodgy. Not sure if I can be bothered to go back and have a moan, or just never go back there again. Fools.

Transmission breaker
Don
Fitted a new foglight to my E92 to replace the smashed one. Took me a while to find the right unit, as it is the Msport version.
BMW wanted £109 for the part alone. But managed to get a new one from ebay for about £40.
Took about 40 minutes to fit, mainly due to the poor access caused because I am lazy and didnt remove the wheel or jack it up!

Amazingly the bulb survived the break and 2 months of exposure to the elements :)

Soldato
OP
Fitted a new foglight to my E92 to replace the smashed one. Took me a while to find the right unit, as it is the Msport version.
BMW wanted £109 for the part alone. But managed to get a new one from ebay for about £40.
Took about 40 minutes to fit, mainly due to the poor access caused because I am lazy and didnt remove the wheel or jack it up!

Amazingly the bulb survived the break and 2 months of exposure to the elements :)

The bulb could probably do with a quick clean though :p

Soldato
Finally wired up my boost gauge on Saturday to allow it to light up. Can't beleive how long I had put it off because lolelectrics, it was a peice of pee to do. Just need to do the instrument cluster lights now, it's bad when your now working boost guage is brighter than your speedo :o Hopefully the previous owner just put some slip-on blue covers on the bulbs.

Was a brilliant weekend, perfect for a drive, but I still forgot to get any new pictures of the Starlet. I'm such a dunce :(

Last edited:
Associate
Got 4 new uniroyal rainsport 2's fitted and the geo sorted by WIM.
Need to scrub the tyres in before the proper testing of the setup can resume :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
How is your car riding so high 4T5, are those tyres that much lower profile than stock (they don't even look that small)? Presume rim size is the same?

Wheels are 14's Tyres 185/60/14's. I've had about 30 MX5 heads at a couple of meets trying to work out why it's so high. Shocks are Mk1 standards, Nobody knows why to be honest but it'll be sorted tomorrow & forgotten about.

Because of the above & the fact I am fitting Mk2 lowering springs that won't give me the full 40mm I'm hoping to have a sensible drop that will still get up on my drive but won't cause me any probs with tyre scrubbing under load. That's the theory anyway. :p

Associate

Just checked and on idle with the oil cap loosened it does move around but certainly not enough for it to actually fall out of the hole. Put some gauge inside the shaker to help catch any nasties and although its been fitted for one day and driven afew miles it had some smelly clear fluid in already.

Man of Honour
Just set it up properly, some people make way too much of a songand dance aabout hids in rreflector lenses, I know of plenty of people with this setup and they are fine, it's the bodge jobs that can cause problems .

Because its 'fine' for the user, not so much for other road users. Do not fit HID lights in halogen reflector lense fitted headlight housings. The beam scatter is ridiculous, you blind everyone and it just looks totally naff anyway.

Soldato
HIDs in Halogens just give too many headaches, if you have Projector headlights then that's not as bad but Halogens are a no-no, they look fine when you're behind the wheel but they are blinding to everyone else..

Soldato
Just checked and on idle with the oil cap loosened it does move around but certainly not enough for it to actually fall out of the hole. Put some gauge inside the shaker to help catch any nasties and although its been fitted for one day and driven afew miles it had some smelly clear fluid in already.

Thanks for doing that. I've decided to go ahead and do the n249 delete tomorrow, hoping it will smooth out the boost, and give me better access when I do the valve cover. My SAI stuff has been gutted by a previous owner, so I can just run one line from the manifold to the dv, and get rid of the rest!

Back
Top Bottom