What have you done to your car today?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Got my stick on number plate then came home to remove the ugly plinth/plate. I got lucky taking it off as well as it only left 2 small holes which I've touched up with Mazda Classic Red which takes your eye right off them. :cool:

Man of Honour
Had the cars first MOT, fantastic service by Jaguar. I mentioned a couple of issues since purchasing the car, minor ones like a random knock at the back of the car. And they came back at the end and said they'll fix that as well as a couple of other minor rattles and vibrations they found that I didn't even ask for.

Plus it means they want it for a couple of days so I get a brand new Jag hire car :D

Man of Honour
Something big with 5 doors.

Hopefully a Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.5T. If that fails, ST220.

Car has only been up 2 days, already sick of the retards sending me texts with silly offers/PX's.

had he never been in a quick car before or did it torque steer off the road? :D

what you getting afterwards?

[don't say something sensible]

Soldato
Will be. Already have a 7 year old lad.

Don't get me wrong I think the VXR is a awesome vehicle, just not suitable to be doing 25k miles a year in. Also being a 3dr, it can be a pain at times.

24 going on 50, i am :p

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Fitted my Koni lowering springs/shocks, Can't say I though as it took me & my mate to do the job & it took around 2 hours 15 mins, Not exactly easy working on a 21 year old car. :p
As it happens the first one took the time then when we had sussed it we minced through the other 3 quite easy in comparison, Always the way.
Rolled her off the ramp & even though it hasn't settled down yet I am well happy, The car handles like it should & it's not rock hard & rides the bumps pretty well.
I am going over my mates tomorrow where I took that earlier pic so will take an exact pic in the same spot for comparison. Should have settled down properly by then.
Main thing is the tyres are nowhere near scrubbing & there is still plenty of room, It popped up on my drive nice & drives fantastic, Am a happy chappy.

Next thing is to go meet this Dude on Sunday who has a Red hardtop on a BRG 5 & see if a swap is on for us both, Hope so. :D

After that my next little mod will be to remove the door armrest & replace it with a nice leather strap, Will give me an extra couple of inches for my right knee so no need to change my steering wheel for a smaller one as I like the momo that's on it & the strap will look cool an all. :p

The list goes on but I'm boring you now I can tell. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well initially it's just to get the ride height down to a sensible level & to get the handling back to where it should have been. As time goes by I plan on buying a really decent set of coil overs, but I'll pick the right time of enough spare cash & the right deal coming up off the 5 forums I use.
Now we have released all those stuck bolts I can now dismantle & rebuild at my leisure without the need for air, heat & ramps & go through it all.

As for the Konis they have literally transformed the car but then that's hardly surprising as it had different age front shocks/springs on each side & on the back the near side was some random Gas shock. :p So hardly a fair comparison ride wise between the mismash that was on to the Konis that are now on. I can say though that the ride isn't harsh at all, It rides bumps & feels fine for every day use. In time I'll have a play with the adjustments but for now I will just enjoy a car that handles properly.
As they were off a Mk2 with Mk2 tops they haven't dropped it that much at all just sort of settled it down nicely, main thing is it still goes up on my drive. :p

Back
Top Bottom