What have you done to your car today?

Yeah, if nothing else it makes it look much neater and gives far better access to the coil packs and plugs etc. Yeah terribly simple, i expect your take off the front most engine panel on the intake manifold so have a quick look at the PCV system under there, if there are signs of oil misting etc your bound to have a leak.

Yeah, if nothing else it makes it look much neater and gives far better access to the coil packs and plugs etc. Yeah terribly simple, i expect your take off the front most engine panel on the intake manifold so have a quick look at the PCV system under there, if there are signs of oil misting etc your bound to have a leak.

Will do. I've not had a proper look down there, but I have my suspicions about the vacuum lines beneath the inlet manifold. I think I can hear a hiss, but I have an untrained ear so it's probably me nitpicking.

What conviced me to do the mod was a thread on some Audi forum, where someone proved that the n249 was creating an erratic boost curve, especially when pushing the car on the track. Hopefully it will let the boost build quickly and smoothly, and not interfere too much when having a spirited drive. It seems more of a safety feature (maybe to do with the recall of the mk1 for those 5 or so deaths) for the driver rather than the engine itself.

Will do. I've not had a proper look down there, but I have my suspicions about the vacuum lines beneath the inlet manifold. I think I can hear a hiss, but I have an untrained ear so it's probably me nitpicking.

What conviced me to do the mod was a thread on some Audi forum, where someone proved that the n249 was creating an erratic boost curve, especially when pushing the car on the track. Hopefully it will let the boost build quickly and smoothly, and not interfere too much when having a spirited drive. It seems more of a safety feature (maybe to do with the recall of the mk1 for those 5 or so deaths) for the driver rather than the engine itself.

Yeah on a remapped car is certainly can give an erratic boost curve as it's trying to dump boost as a fail safe once it gets above 17psi whilst the ecu is demanding 21-22psi, the ecu wins but the turbo has to work under more stress to achieve it.

Just driving the car to the girlfriends and it feels so much better with the N249 removed, PCV + catch can. I expect 80% is in my head but there is definitely a more instant boost build up, which I'm sure isn't imagined considering the amount of VAC pipe removed and not mentioning any leaks.

Was looking to see if mk2 springs have more coils than the mk1 but I can't really tell.

Deffo post some pics once they are changed :)
Mate bumped me on to Thursday so I'll take pics once done. Can't moan at my mate as it's Business first & I wouldn't be a mate if I pushed it. :)

I did pop over to Coventry last night to pick up some Hardtop side latches as well.

WP_000294.jpg

This is the rear arb collar and bush (best photo I could get). A keen eye will see that the collar has come away from the bush, and the bar is free to move side to side (the other side isn't much better. This causes some very weird handling characteristics, particularly when changing direction quickly, and rattles like hell.

Removed and cleaned out the throttle body, cleaned up my K&N at the same time too. So much black crap in the TB it was unreal and didn't look like it had ever been done, car is idling about 1-200rpm higher since cleaning it so obviously had an affect :)

Something big with 5 doors.

Hopefully a Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.5T. If that fails, ST220.

Car has only been up 2 days, already sick of the retards sending me texts with silly offers/PX's.

Mate bumped me on to Thursday so I'll take pics once done. Can't moan at my mate as it's Business first & I wouldn't be a mate if I pushed it. :)

I did pop over to Coventry last night to pick up some Hardtop side latches as well.

My 5 looked that high with stock suspension and 15x18 et10 wheels fitted (195/50/15 slightly stretched on). Nothing untoward going on there I'm sure :)

MK2 suspension needs MK2 top mounts otherwise it will sit higher, but it sounds like you realise this already :)

Well lad who was coming today text me half a hour before he was meant to be here to say he is leaving it now. Joys of selling.... Missed 2 hours pay for nothing...

Got all this to look forward to as well. Put my Passat up for sale yesterday, but thinking the 178k clock may put a few people off :p

Got all this to look forward to as well. Put my Passat up for sale yesterday, but thinking the 178k clock may put a few people off :p

Mine hasn't even been run in yet at 55k miles. Got another lad on the way now, should be here any minute hopefully.

Need to hurry up and get back to work.

Back
Top Bottom