What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Looking for some infos! My Corsa is starting to clonk fairly badly on the front passenger side on bumps and slowly the driver side is getting there too, I've had a quick peek today and the boot on that side looks like it's leaking. I guess they're both usually replaced at the same time so possibly driver side needs doing too? could that be my clonking noise?

Soldato
Now that i actually have got the right parts from EuroCarParts - this may be on the to-do list for tomorrow, depending on how cold it is!!

20130222213523.jpg

Soldato
Washed it and cleaned the interior, it's going in for it's 4 yearly service on Tuesday - the big one, diff and transfer box oil changed, brake and clutch fluid etc. Does anyone else do that too - wash and clean their car before it goes into a dealer for a service?. Or am I just weird in wanting to present it in a clean and tidy manner?.

Man of Honour
22 miles and 18.4mpg in my diesel barge that normally sits around 40mpg. I thought I'd left my mobile on a bin (dont ask) and needed to get to said bin quickly. Goes well when spanked harder than it ever has been. Every island was a chicane and bumpers mere appexs :) all on a 22 mile private road.....and made up in fantasy of course.

Soldato
Had a fun day, tried to fix the usb port on my headunit - it keeps saying USB Overload, turns out one of the pins is broken so I can't use it with my phone now. Will have to make do with AUX lead as I'm not wanting to spend £60 on a new headunit.

Soldato
Fitted a new front wishbone on the 500 yesterday as the balljoint was a bit iffy and MOT due soon. Balljoint = whole wishbone to be replaced. Which, despite only being held in my 3 bolts involves removing the bumper, a small piece of box section and the washer bottle...

Today on the S2000 I'm cleaning up the rear arches and giving them and trying to rustproof them a little.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Drove all the way over to Telford today to look at a fellas Red hardtop to swap with mine & got there & my roof was loads better than his so I jogged it on. It's made me realise just how good my roof is so I'm going down my mates tomorrow to price up & arrange a spraying. My thoughts are that all the edges of my hardtop are perfect where as most are chipped & I don't mean a chip in the paint as most have the odd chip in the paintwork here & there I mean a chip out of the fibreglass. Mine has all six latches that work perfectly & adjust as they should & all my seals are good at speed on the motorway & in the rain.
So I'm keeping mine & getting it sprayed then I will refit & adjust it as per manual.
Wasn't a total loss as I got a few torque bolts that I needed & they are quite specific so I'm pleased with them.

OcUK Staff
The problem of solid coloured light cars is tar/rubber marks. So a bottle of autoglym intensive tar remover and a micro fibre and car is tar spots free, a good washing too. Next nice dry weekend get a good coat of wax applied.

My front splitter was looking rather battered so removed it and painted with plasti dip, looks new again. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
For how long though, End of the road or till a lorry goes past or a gritter throws it's **** about ? These days you only have to park on a busy road for an hour & there's a layer of filth over it.

RJC

RJC

Don
Really need to give mine a good clean inside and out, inside I will d when the weather is abit more clement.

Should have a idea this when my new car is due, got email saying its been approved.

Back
Top Bottom