What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Been quite busy today, see the VTEC owners thread if you want pics!

Replaced HID ballast as had a few issues with it so Hids4U sent me a replacement :)
Finished fitting the Mugen cold air intake system
Fitted GP pack front lower splitter
Fitted carbon fibre foglight scoop/blanking plate for the intake

The latter three tasks involved taking the front bumper off the car, as jobs go it looks worse than it is, lots of clips and screws but everything comes apart reasonably well so long as you're careful.

Associate
Took some in car footage today at long last to try out a test mount, not too happy with the sound being rather muffled so might have to try a different place and make up a super extendo-arm thingy for it.

Here are the attempts to watch if anyone has run out of anything else to do on the planet:

OcUK Staff
Must be hard work keeping a yellow car clean during winter use.

Well I use the Jaaag on days if it's snowing or gritters have been out.

Biggest issue is tar marks/spots, most colours you don't even see them, but yellow or White you can really see them and a simple wash won't remove them.

Ideally need a clay bar or what I use the autoglym tar remover, I find a clay bar for removing tar is hard work and scratches the paint. Whereas the tar remover is a lot easier to use.

Soldato
Not today, but on Friday I did a load of stuff:

- Cambelt kit
- Water pump
- Thermostat
- Aux belt
- Full coolant flush and cleaned expansion tank
- Fuel filter
- Spark plugs
- Fitted my sub

Oil and filter were done a couple of months ago, air filter is clean as new, pollen filter also done a while back.

So now fully serviced and no more cardboard in front of the rad keeping things warm thanks to a stuck thermostat :D

Soldato
Car being driven away by its new owner :(

BAA76C1E-F213-435E-9ECA-4188C1F9F2FB-9070-00000A50A462D404_zps30533541.jpg

Took a week to sell, not bad going.

Soldato
Just went to get my lunch out of it and spotted someone has keyed the passenger side from rear light to under the passenger door handle. Not amused as I think it was today as it still had the little flakes.

The thing is stupidly dirty right now, already had a small key mark on that side and generally looking uncared for so I don't get the thought other than they must think I'm a ****.

http://i.imgur.com/BZSBdWQ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just went to get my lunch out of it and spotted someone has keyed the passenger side from rear light to under the passenger door handle. Not amused as I think it was today as it still had the little flakes.

The thing is stupidly dirty right now, already had a small key mark on that side and generally looking uncared for so I don't get the thought other than they must think I'm a ****.

http://i.imgur.com/BZSBdWQ.jpg

That's harsh :(

Back
Top Bottom