What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
OP
Today I knocked up a replacement clutch hydraulic system that'll fit the ZS180 - the OE system is rubbish as anyone will tell you.

It's not actually stronger but about 1/4 of the price, and simple to change. Doesn't fix the issue but it's so much cheaper.

Permabanned
Just went to get my lunch out of it and spotted someone has keyed the passenger side from rear light to under the passenger door handle. Not amused as I think it was today as it still had the little flakes.

The thing is stupidly dirty right now, already had a small key mark on that side and generally looking uncared for so I don't get the thought other than they must think I'm a ****.

http://i.imgur.com/BZSBdWQ.jpg

out of order that is pal.
someone keyed my last car twice, on my drive as well cheeky buggers.

Soldato
OK cheers, there's a guy on another forum offering them for £75 delivered so I'll have a mooch about

I recently bought some from a guy on eBay. He used to be on Rovertech but got banned. I've bought a couple of things from him in the past and have had no problems.

Just search for "MG ZR ZS 180 160 LARGE REAR UPGRADE"

These for the Teg? Does it have ~238mm rears as standard?

Soldato
Soldato
out of order that is pal.
someone keyed my last car twice, on my drive as well cheeky buggers.

Utter scum :mad:

That's harsh :(

I don't feel quite so bad. I had remembered when I picked my car up from outside my mates on Sunday morning the wing mirror was pushed forward but didn't think much of it.

Turns out about 10 cars down his street got keyed, a couple of Mercs and BMWs were worse he said.

A nicer bit of Blantyre too not even my ghetto.

Soldato
Was it that bad?

A friend of mine has recently purchased an Arden blue Astra VXR and he loves it.

Are you buying another blue oval then?

No i loved it. Awesome car. Ignore all the armchair critics, listen to the owners. The downside to the VXR is that it was a Vauxhall, one of the ******* manufactures going with the worse customer service ever.

Having 3 doors it was just becoming a pain and the boot didn't fit the kids bikes in without putting the single seat down, which was a bit dangerous really.After something bigger and 5dr now. Will certainly miss the LoLTurbo and the unpredictable performance.

Though the little one has told me he wants me to get a Focus ST, because it is the closest thing to a RS (his favourite car) :D ... Can't happen though with it having worse leg room than the astra and a same size boot.

looking like a ST220 at the moment. If I can find a MK4 Mondeo TXS 2.5T close by that is at a good price I will most likely go for it, but doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Though i am full of surprises, last time I bought a car I went to Warrington to fetch an Focus ST and came back with a Astra VXR from Wales lol.

We will see over the next week.

Caporegime
No i loved it. Awesome car. Ignore all the armchair critics, listen to the owners. The downside to the VXR is that it was a Vauxhall, one of the ******* manufactures going with the worse customer service ever.

Having 3 doors it was just becoming a pain and the boot didn't fit the kids bikes in without putting the single seat down, which was a bit dangerous really.After something bigger and 5dr now. Will certainly miss the LoLTurbo and the unpredictable performance.

Though the little one has told me he wants me to get a Focus ST, because it is the closest thing to a RS (his favourite car) :D ... Can't happen though with it having worse leg room than the astra and a same size boot.

looking like a ST220 at the moment. If I can find a MK4 Mondeo TXS 2.5T close by that is at a good price I will most likely go for it, but doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Though i am full of surprises, last time I bought a car I went to Warrington to fetch an Focus ST and came back with a Astra VXR from Wales lol.

Octavia VRS estate? Mk2 engine will quite easily get to a standard VXR in power.

Caporegime
I recently bought some from a guy on eBay. He used to be on Rovertech but got banned. I've bought a couple of things from him in the past and have had no problems.

Just search for "MG ZR ZS 180 160 LARGE REAR UPGRADE"

These for the Teg? Does it have ~238mm rears as standard?

OK great cheers, found them for £45 on the bay.

Yeah the early tegs has 262 front and 242 rear, which isn't big enough for heat dissipation, so it's an easy bolt on upgrade with Rover discs to the 282/262 setup on most rovers/hondas

Soldato
Weather stuffed up most of my plans, but I changed the gearbox and diff oil to Millers CRX NT - haven't seen much on the MX5 boards about this but it was great oil in the Evo, which have notoriously fussy gearboxes.

Still waiting to fit the new roof but Irish weather is awful at the best of times. Need to adjust the cambelt tension again too. Still slightly too tight.

Soldato

Did the new owner make you take off the awful stickers as part of the deal? ;)

Back
Top Bottom