What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Lovely!

Pics and story pls?

No pics, wasn't on my mind at the time! Lol.

Went to work, spewed up several times - got sent home. I usually know when I'm going to be sick, I just get that feeling, until I was driving home and it just happened instantly...

Wasn't fun driving home in the smell, lol.

Soldato
Projectors don't make it any more road legal, just slightly less chavvy.

Don't open that can of worms. It is not illegal to have HID's without the self-leveling system and washers. It is only an MOT fail if these systems were in the car from the factory, and are not working.

Anyway, quick question guys, I washed my car just over a week ago, and it already looks like a pile of poo, with dirt residue stuck on the surface, bird poo (can't do much about that :( ). Do I need to wax it to stop dirt clinging on to it so much, cause it seems to be a magnet for dirt to stick to.

Associate
Spent the day washing/waxing an cleaning the Megane.
Sadly I forgot to take pictures.. :(

Have to get her ready for the MOT, for April. Shouldn't need much done. :)

Associate
Don't open that can of worms. It is not illegal to have HID's without the self-leveling system and washers. It is only an MOT fail if these systems were in the car from the factory, and are not working.

No, HID's aren't legal according to UK rules full stop. However when fitted to new cars they're type approved to EU standards which supersedes our laws. All after market HID's aren't road legal.

Soldato
No, HID's aren't legal according to UK rules full stop. However when fitted to new cars they're type approved to EU standards which supersedes our laws. All after market HID's aren't road legal.

That may be whats on paper, but I've yet to hear of a car failed from aftermarket HID's, so in the real world, they're fine. As I have said many times on this forum, it's not the HID kits that are the problem, it's headlights pointing in peoples faces and HID's in reflector housing. I've seen countless halogen lights that point up in the sky, or in my face, or straight at the ground, or people who don't care that they only have one working.

I think it's silly to moan about HID Kits, when the real problem are owners who don't give two hoots about their cars.

Associate
That may be whats on paper, but I've yet to hear of a car failed from aftermarket HID's, so in the real world, they're fine. As I have said many times on this forum, it's not the HID kits that are the problem, it's headlights pointing in peoples faces and HID's in reflector housing. I've seen countless halogen lights that point up in the sky, or in my face, or straight at the ground, or people who don't care that they only have one working.

I think it's silly to moan about HID Kits, when the real problem are owners who don't give two hoots about their cars.

Part of my problem is not seeing any benefit in them. My current car has factory fit HID's and though they're brighter than my previous cars halogens it makes absolutely no difference whilst driving as the cut off point is at the same distance and the older cars lights were bright enough. The main reason for fitting them aftermarket seems to be to get a "cool" whiter light.

I'd be very happy to see a police crack down on HID's, along with dodgy plates and badly lowered cars. A rectification notice following by seizure/crushing if not complied with would soon sort out the problem.

Caporegime
Part of my problem is not seeing any benefit in them. My current car has factory fit HID's and though they're brighter than my previous cars halogens it makes absolutely no difference whilst driving as the cut off point is at the same distance and the older cars lights were bright enough. The main reason for fitting them aftermarket seems to be to get a "cool" whiter light.

I'd be very happy to see a police crack down on HID's, along with dodgy plates and badly lowered cars. A rectification notice following by seizure/crushing if not complied with would soon sort out the problem.

Not quite true, the light is of a better quality so you feel more alert and awake for longer at night, coupled with the fact the road infront of you is lit in a more uniform and better mannor, picking out potholes and such treasures on the road is far easier.

Soldato
Fitted my new battery that got delivered today. Along with all these new shiny bits:

DSC_0298_zpsa6e465e6.jpg

DSC_0300_zps051a8990.jpg

DSC_0305_zps9ff3cce4.jpg

DSC_0295_zpsf96e0db4.jpg

DSC_0292_zps33b533df.jpg

Box contents:
Clutch
Cambelt kit
Waterpump
Thermostat
Aux/AC + PAS Belts

And this is all for my Celica GT: