What have you done to your car today?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Gave my car a wash & whilst doing the wheels I saw a big sticker on the inside reading RAYS Engineering TE37. :D

They are probably worth what my car is worth. :p

Also whilst doing the shocks & springs I confirmed that it has a LSD. :cool:

This post is Full of Win. :p

Associate
Fairly difficult to judge from a purely observational viewpoint; it would require pulling over every modified car and subjecting it to a full inspection - a very quick way to have owners complaining of harassment.

I'm betting they'd have a fairly high strike rate of finding defects though as they'd only be pulling the obvious ones. Sensible drops just wouldn't be noticed.

Soldato
Mine is about -70. Its noticeable but apart from putting the wishbones at odd angles and making ground clearance a pain has no ill effects

Soldato
What am I missing here? Why does this matter? :p

Rays Engineering make very nice wheels; those are probably worth more than his car :p

I'm betting they'd have a fairly high strike rate of finding defects though as they'd only be pulling the obvious ones. Sensible drops just wouldn't be noticed.

But then you're making it subjective, which is ill advised for a police officer to be, in the eyes of the law anyway. Whether they think a car is badly lowered or not, if there is no specific law relating to that kind of thing then they have no legal precedent.

I'm not disagreeing with you here with regards to badly modified cars, they annoy me a lot as well, as quite a few of them are unsafe. But unfortunately there is a no effective way to monitor them, apart from the MOT system already in place.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I have no trouble when driving normally but when things get larey my right hand knuckles catch the inside of my knee. I thought small wheel but then I read about a strap so I bodged one in today to test it out, gives me at least 2 inches more & untold more room than needed. I will get a nice leather strap sorted but for now here's my ***** mod of the day. :D

It's a strap I cut off a handbag the Doris left here that I wrapped in Black tape. :p

Soldato
Fitted some new bulbs to the Polo after both blew yesterday. Pulled out of the work car park and thought it seemed a bit dark!

Untitled by bcjamesmini, on Flickr

Started uncovering the Mini too. Going to do some checks and make sure it's ready for some outings as there is the odd sunny day now.

Associate
I've just packed the SORN'ed SAAB Iinto the garage and put it up for sale :(

imagelqdo.jpg

imagerzif.jpg

Permabanned
Finally got rid of the horrendous tyres that came with my car - Cooper Zeons (wth?) - that had developed a delightfully large bulge in the sidewall. I don't mind a bit of road noise if the tyres are performance grade, but given the fact that I really didn't trust them in the bends they had to go.

Got myself a nice set of P Zero Neros, always had pleasant experiences with them in the past, even if it does mean new shoes every 6-8,000 miles. Much better in the bends and once these roads dry out and they're worn a bit I'll be able to give them a sound thrashing. :)

£240 inc VAT, fitting and balancing.

pzeronero.jpg

Soldato
I see I've opened a can of worms here haha!

Halogen bulbs in the Civic headlights were pretty useless. I thought I'd give them a try.

Yeah I know how tricky it is to get the the drivers side bulb. Changed the bulb before. Used to be similar on my Punto before.

Back
Top Bottom