What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Washed it, Polished it & waxed it then nipped out to do a couple of things & took it for a good run. :cool:
Same here, full on wax jobbie, Roxy was getting lots of looks, especially as I went a different way and hit a new sleeping policeman (not literally I might add)... and had to go over it so slow... got on and thought no way will I get the rear over this 100% cert, so, reversed making 4 cars back up lol... embarrassing and I did thank them all! the last car wasn't impressed rofl! Then had a tussle with a WRX around some lanes which was "fun" lol :)

Associate
Got my magnetic tax disc holder as the old one was just stuffed on the dash and looked crap. Cleaned off the salt and road grime but didn't wash it as I didn't want to do a half assed job.

Not looking at front mounts and big 6 pot breaks ut the house saving comes first. Bah!

Associate
Cleaned it for the 1st time in like 4 months

1024.jpg

Soldato
Well, I spent yesterday and today with a turbo in bits, porting the internal wastegate in a bid to cure the Starlet GT of boost creep, but no dice, it still does it :( However, it *is* a lot better than it was, hovering at 0.7-0.75 bar full throttle (0.7 is stock boost) for a decent while before creeping up to 0.9 bar. The ECU generally cuts fuel at that point due to it leaning out, so I quickly backed off.

Probably can get more metal ground out, so I'll have to do it again some other weekend. Just annoying when it hasn't cured it fully.

Caporegime
Took one wheel off to start changing the disks and the pads crumbled away in my hands :(.

A combination of being cooked on track and left stationary for 6 months.

Put the wheel back on, locked it back up, and went inside to order some new pads.

Caporegime
fitted dished steering wheel, now I can reach the wheel properly, column won't go low enough though, guess I'll have to raise the seat up.

Oh, airbag light is on now too. I was told disconnecting the unit under the back seat would extinguish the light but it didn't. Can I fail the MOT for having this light on if I don't actually have an airbag (I mean, if I just removed the bulb)?

Depends if they check if it comes on and then goes out or not.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
After polishing it & waxing it yesterday I got some Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection, Put it on all over for about 45 mins then buffed it off.
Went out just now & used a clean rag to wipe it over & a lint free cloth to buff it up, Was nice & easy so I'll use it again.
Also bought some AG Bumper & Trim Gel to clean up & moisten my rubbers around the windows, Makes a right nice job of them but I don't know how long it will last, Definitely worth buying/using though.
After I buffed the outside up I used some glass cleaner to do the insides of all my windows & wiped over the interior.
I also fitted some Velcro strips to my rear parcel shelf & under a car humidifier air dry so it stays in place. It's like a small pillow with gel beads in it that soaks up any moisture, Works well & keeps my windows clear when I get in damp/cold.

Associate
Finally dropped it off at the menders for its loving. Been without it for two weeks now & it has been painful having to rely on others for lifts too work and embarrassing driving my mums 206 complete with pink fairy on the bonnet :( Looking forward to getting it back.

Le rust :(
Rust_zpse972e129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom