What have you done to your car today?

If it's a chatter when you let off throttle sounds just like a the diverter valve if you are near me (cheltenham) then I have a good valve and vcds lite to scan.

2 new back tyres. Michelin Super Sports

Traction loads better than the Dunlops that came off

What dunlops did you have? I need to finally fit some new ones all round on mine.

Bridgestone RE050A
Dunlop Sport Maxx
Pirelli PZero
Conti CS5
Michelin PS2
Michelin Supersport

All roughly the same price, not sure what to go for really :confused:

Hmm that's a nice little bonus, how do you get it? I assume I would get 2*vouchers then giving me £100 back.

As a curveball, and because they are listed as literally £180 each (:D) I wonder if its worth risking Falken FK453's

Hmm that's a nice little bonus, how do you get it? I assume I would get 2*vouchers then giving me £100 back.

As a curveball, and because they are listed as literally £180 each (:D) I wonder if its worth risking Falken FK453's

it says you can only get a voucher per person / per car but I am sure there are ways around that :p

details are on michelin site

http://marketing.michelin.co.uk/buynow/

Today's job was to sort out the headlights :)

From this:

2gwids0.jpg

To this:

20sj42u.jpg

A little work left to do, but much better. I've no idea what Honda made their lights of in this decade, but they are practically made of cheese!

Good work Chris, look good as new!

I spent a good while this morning/afternoon giving my car a general once-over, crawled underneath and checked everything over and made sure there's nothing worn out or needing work or whatever. I like to keep on top of things :)

Then I drove it and I think it must be malfunctioning because the outdoor temperature was apparently 14C. That can't be right ;)

Took the exhaust off (flexi to back box). Opened up one of the silences, took all the crap out and noticed the through pipe had come lose which was causing a awful rattle. Welded it back in place, welded the silencer surround back together. Put it all back onto the car

Job is a good n.

Took it for a good thrash.

Managed to grab some mint premier edition recaros.
Loads better than the standard ep3 seats.
Very happy indeed

20130406_124021.jpg

20130406_124134.jpg

20130406_132100.jpg

20130406_132105.jpg

20130406_132541.jpg

20130406_132605-1.jpg

Picked up some 17" Style 71's for my E39 then took them in to Pristine Alloys for a diamond cut refurb to restore them to their former glory.

Can't wait to get them back :)

Wife's new car had a horribly rusty tailpipe. Some elbow grease, Autosol and wire wool left me with this after a 10 minute scrub...

227e2b669e4a80fdc61a4088484a2c9a.jpg

9ba1099a2a3b56a557703bcb1ef47504.jpg

Last edited:
Had a problem when I started the car today. First thing I noticed was the stereo was off, wouldn't turn on and the AFR gauge didn't work. This has happened before, and a quick tap on the side of the centre console has sorted it. That didn't work, so thought oh well, no big deal, don't need the stereo anyway. So off I drove!

Only then did I notice the car was running really lumpy.

Bit of an odd one, but the ground for the stereo had come away from the body. The AFR gauge uses the same power/ground as the stereo, and having the gauge plugged in when it wasn't on caused the car to run lumpy. Put the ground back in place, seemed to solve the problem. Still a bit confused why it was lumpy though :confused:

Back
Top Bottom