What have you done to your car today?

Hi there

Swapped my gen2 GT3 25.5mm rear ARB for an Gen1 GT3 23.6mm rear ARB in my hunt to get the cars understeer/oversteer balance where I want it.

The gen2 bar on softest setting was a handful, oversteer even at turn-in, bear in mind a GT3 has more rear grip than my C2S due to it's diff and wider tyres.

I had tried a C4S 21.7mm bar, an improvement over the C2S 20mm bar but still more push than I'd like.

Installed the Gen1 GT3 bar yesterday on its medium setting, so far seems great, made the front-end a lot more confidence inspiring, just turns in better and the car feels a lot more stable in high speed turns, no doubt as the rear 23.6mm is much closer to the front 26mm bar which is set to softest. There is still initial understeer at the limit, but less than previously, add more power and it pushes a little more, more steering lock or power brings the rear. Very happy, feels much better and as it's installed on medium I can adjust either way. :)

Also washed and sealed car yesterday with britemax elements on top of the collonite 476s I applied last weekend, paintwork is so slippery. Had an epic drive yesterday and today, car is still spotless. :)

This :D
DSC_3375.jpg

Then this :(
149236_578040135548433_189761259_n.jpg

I have a friend at work who has mountune bits on his car but cannot tell which kit.

His car seems to consistently get 200 miles a tank. Is that comparable to yours? He's too scared to whip the cam cover off to see the cams

I have the 185 kit I get around 300 miles per tank, a little more if I take it easy.
Although I don't seem to spend much time in stop start traffic so that goes in my favour, I tend not to hoon it round town much and and some of my 300 miles are spent on the motorway.

Last edited:
lol ok then, his must be seriously broken

when i drove the car it felt like the torque surged at about 5.5k and was tailing off by 6.2k

the seller had very little information about the car at all so he got it for a good price, itll be so good if its the 185 kit

Drove back from a week away at the gfs families and got pretty good mpg. 170 mile trip, 65 percent of it motorway and I certainly wasn't babying it everywhere.

20130407_191126.jpg

Yeah the 185 does have a kick at around 5000, if he phoned mountune they'd be able to tell him from his vehicle reg.

the previous owner had a private plate, they only owned it 6 months, previous owner had a private plate and there was a normal plate between. when he called mountune they didnt have a record of any of the know plates

ill try and get it to talk to my android talk to see if there are faults... and then to get a g meter plot to see whats wat

Back
Top Bottom