What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Did a 20k mile service on my 2012 GTI, was given a clean bill of health and the only cost to me so far was a fog light bulb! No advisories, everything tip top! Very pleased.

In other news, I just put a deposit on a Mk2.5 MX-5, possibly the only one in the UAE.. so happy to have finally tracked one down and expect this is going to be a major project for me this year. :)

Caporegime
That's funny because I drifted there all day yesterday as did 49 others.
I actually crashed on my 3rd lap of the day, spun it down the straight at full speed, panic braked and went into the wall.

It's not very wide in some parts and there's no margin for error whatsoever. As you found out.

Soldato
Spent the morning raging at my Ogura ORC309D clutch. I need to get shut of it quickly, a race clutch is not nice on the morning commute. It really does not like to slip, or set off in 1st gently. No biting point to speak of either. :p. Oh well, my mate was selling it for cheap and I needed a clutch to get the Starlet on the road :o Absolutely lush to use when blasting the car round the lanes, but just horrendous to use in slow traffic.

Last edited:
Associate
yep me too.. although the service advisor said peoples front tyres are usually shagged by now on GTIs as they dont check the tyre pressures. I do need to start rotating them though as I have been lazy on that front. People here generally have little interst in preserving their vehicles, so he seemed a bit shocked at mine :)

Soldato
Cleaned and polished the CRZ today, pics in the vtec and "show us your motors thread".

Oh and taxed it :D

_MG_3955.jpg

Caporegime
yep me too.. although the service advisor said peoples front tyres are usually shagged by now on GTIs as they dont check the tyre pressures. I do need to start rotating them though as I have been lazy on that front. People here generally have little interst in preserving their vehicles, so he seemed a bit shocked at mine :)

Actually, i take it back, that is pretty good if you still don't need new fronts after 20k miles. :p

Back
Top Bottom