What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
priced up a 10k service for the new taxi, Peugeot ecosse want a reasonable £96 quid have to phone up on Monday and book her in sharpish, 10k miles in 8 weeks :(

Associate
Changed the rear discs and pads, managed to avoid most of the rain but I concur working in the rain sucks! only bettered by working in the snow!

Soldato
Was having some ongoing issues with the Primera and incoming MOT so spent 2 weekends under the car in the snow

Passenger lower arm/drop link/track rod end and drive shaft plus disks and pads all round + rebuild of front calipers and strip and clean on rears . New cat and a few fixes for a few little annoying things .

Not fun in - temps but needed to be done . Leaving the bonnet open and letting the engine get covered in snow was abit daft.. new plugs and leads required after i got a real bad misfire . All sorted now and fresh MOT . Just need to get bike sorted now

Associate
Just gave it the usual Sunday spruce up.

Then I noticed my dad's Fabia vRS sat there looking sorry for itself as I don't think it's been cleaned since before Christmas. It's not like him to leave a car uncleaned for so long, but there's a woman in the mix now so the cars seem to suffer because of that. So I gave the Fabia a wash as well.

Somehow managed to clean two cars under dark grey clouds without one drop of rain coming down, so I thought that was quite a result :p

Soldato
Removed the intake resonator, pain in the arse but its done

wp000369j.jpg

wp000371h.jpg

Soldato
Tried to make it pass it's MOT come August by sorting out the ruined discs.

Braking hard feels better and seems better as you would expect. Last person to do the brakes must have hammered the pads into the carrier as they were jammed tight. Both now spin free and no binding from my initial drive.

Soldato
Got underneath the car today and gave all nuts and bolts a going over on pretty much everything, as i didn't want a repeat of brands with bits of car falling off :lol: Now all ready for snett

Also finished stripping and tidying the doors of motors, wiring, brackets/frames etc, ready for my MK2 "budget homemade trackday doorcards".

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

Soldato
How's it possible to have that much corrosion on the braking surface, surely the calipers are seized?

That was my initial thought but they wound back in ok and the metal on the piston beneath the rubber seal was in perfect condition. Obviously the bore might be in a slightly different state but we will see.

Will have a look at them come the end of the month to check all is still ok.

Soldato
Dear Lord, i've never seen discs and pads as bad as those on the previous page :eek:

Pfff, there's still metal there, some life left in them yet.:p

Finished fitting a new waterpump and thermostat to my wife's E39 including a cooling system flush & refill. Gave the engine bay a much needed clean whilst I was there.

Fingers crossed for no leaks!

Back
Top Bottom