What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Yeah sure I'll take one tomorrow :) Although it might be too low for a good look so might have to wait till the weekend to raise it again for a decent pic.
Another question, how the hell do you wash off all this bloody car grease/muck from your hands?! :D

Swarfega does the trick ;) and I read that soap (fairy liquid even) with some sugar in does the same thing?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Awesome, will pick some up. Cheers

I did try fairy with persil powder for the grit, helped the majority but still a little grimey.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah sure I'll take one tomorrow :) Although it might be too low for a good look so might have to wait till the weekend to raise it again for a decent pic.

It is a much larger single pipe and merges pretty much straight away after the pipes join. The two pipes are staggered lengths at the join, more secure?

Another question, how the hell do you wash off all this bloody car grease/muck from your hands?! :D

WD removes everything from your hands and washes off nicely with a bit of soap

Caporegime
Lagged my charge cooler.

rmsa51.jpg

2ljsz81.jpg

A lot cooler and no more heat soak from the engine. All part of my track preparations/more boost. Next up is the engine coolant system (3rd tank and swirl pot).

Permabanned
Tax disc arrived, I had a look at the old ones as they were stuck in there too. The current one is £260, but go back 2 years and it's £130. What a rip off :mad:

Door mirror arrived to having spent 3 days in a posting office somewhere.
Heater contacts do not match the original but can be bodged to fit.
Looking at the plastic backing I wondered why they make such a ball ache of the fitting, clipping two plastic parts together should not be this fiddly.
Looks nice and shiny though and it's only taken me two months to get around to sorting :o

Permabanned
Awesome, will pick some up. Cheers

I did try fairy with persil powder for the grit, helped the majority but still a little grimey.

I use soap and sand.
Before doing an oil change, dig your fingernails into some soap, then they don't get clogged up with oil.

Associate
Tax disc arrived, I had a look at the old ones as they were stuck in there too. The current one is £260, but go back 2 years and it's £130. What a rip off :mad:

That sucks, but to make you feel better my tax was £490 this year and its only a 3.2l damn them emissions :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Recent had to replace the air con relay, was damn warm in the car while I waited for the part.

£25 for a little relay, crazy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had to drive in to work today, rather than cycle. On the way I realised I have become increasingly annoyed at people wanting to sit on my boot lid the whole way, regardless of wether I'm doing 50 or 75 on a deserted country road.

It's a 9 year old, rather worse for wear TT, not a Ferrari. Keeping up with me doesn't make you a driving god, no matter what POS you're driving. Overtake or go away. :mad:

I was in bad mood this morning. :o

Soldato
took a closer look at the tires today. had the car for 3 weeks now and only just noticed they are all different makes.

ive got a bridgstone turanza and falken ziex ze914 on the front

and a dunlop sp sport 2050m and nexen n blue eco on the back.

all with good tred still left on them.

Soldato
My Clarion removal keys arrived so I tried to get my old cassette head unit out. Right hand side went in with a positive 'click' left hand side went in with a *ping* that sounded like a piece of metal being fired off into the centre console.

Head unit wouldn't budge. I give up, I'm not cut out for manual labour :p

Back
Top Bottom