What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Rotated the wheels on the JCW last week. Never personally had a car with TPMS on so was apprehensive about how that works with a rotate. Just did a reset procedure and works as intended! Phew!

Now to evenly wear down these horrible Pirelli run flats and then get some Pilot Sports on it!

Soldato
Rotated the wheels on the JCW last week. Never personally had a car with TPMS on so was apprehensive about how that works with a rotate. Just did a reset procedure and works as intended! Phew!

Now to evenly wear down these horrible Pirelli run flats and then get some Pilot Sports on it!
The Pirelli's lasted forever on ours they were still at 5-6mm after 17k on the front, the rears still 7mm+. I used a puncture as an excuse to replace them all to Pilot Sports.

I sold the old ones off which covered a large part of the price, the difference is massive especially in traction in anything other than a dry road the Pirelli's would break traction up to 3rd/4th gear and in the dry traction control would fight it through 1st/2nd with the Michelin's it will very slightly spin/flicker the traction control in 1st in the wet and dead hook in the dry. That's before you get to the ride and tyre noise being better only thing would be the turn in was slightly sharper on the run flats with stiffer side walls.

Last edited:
Soldato
Came to run the ST220 up to temp as I do every 14 days over the winter whilst it's tucked away in the garage. Damn fuel pump has siezed, that's a rear subframe down & petrol tank out job, lovely.

Soldato
Well I fitted a GFB DV+ valve to my car today in preparation for a remap and it seems to throw an error code after a few miles. I've stripped it off and refitted it four times, made sure I've followed the instructions properly, and each time after a few miles the service light comes on. Weirdly, if I scan for codes, there isn't anything logged and clearing them clears the light, but after a few more miles it comes back on again. I've fitted the stock one back on for now as I'm driving up to Scotland next week and don't want to have to faff about with it.

Soldato
Came to run the ST220 up to temp as I do every 14 days over the winter whilst it's tucked away in the garage. Damn fuel pump has siezed, that's a rear subframe down & petrol tank out job, lovely.
And clean out the tank too whilst at it..

Today.. ordered a new internal light for the Mrs's car :D

Soldato
AEYmBYSrXZDZTNJZKOJF-H31W8Tnag2QxKyK4XHIBHzaUSc2c8L6P7wdgbE4esMNWIE1NoUQx-gWsu07VQ8bHnJqmzeqtP99ww=s1600

Properly cleaned and polished the car for the first time in over two years (according to the guy and the moss on it...). Polished both headlights so they're not milky as sin anymore. heatgunned the faded black / grey bumper trim and she's looking less like a sub 1000 quid abandoned **** box and more like a semi respectable 20yr old Volvo.

Soldato
Changed the wiper blades all round ahead of MOT next month. Not a big achievement you might say but last time I snapped the rear wiper arm off. :D

The old rear wiper blade seemed to have split lengthwise so it was flapping around a bit. No wonder it wasn’t doing a great job.

Soldato
The Pirelli's lasted forever on ours they were still at 5-6mm after 17k on the front, the rears still 7mm+. I used a puncture as an excuse to replace them all to Pilot Sports.

I sold the old ones off which covered a large part of the price, the difference is massive especially in traction in anything other than a dry road the Pirelli's would break traction up to 3rd/4th gear and in the dry traction control would fight it through 1st/2nd with the Michelin's it will very slightly spin/flicker the traction control in 1st in the wet and dead hook in the dry. That's before you get to the ride and tyre noise being better only thing would be the turn in was slightly sharper on the run flats with stiffer side walls.

The wet weather performance, or lack of, is actually quite scary with the run flats. Hope to get shot of these sooner rather than later. They’ve only covered 7k so may be worth getting off and selling them.

Soldato
Here is a random question, anybody know the tread depth on a brand new cup 2 connect in 18"? (245/40/18 if needed)
I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere :/
I have a guy i know selling 4 for £90 each brand new and i am trying to decide if its better to pay extra for new PS4S's instead

Caporegime
Swapped front engine mount back over, confirmed rear engine mount also looks fine, filled the gearbox oil half way because I didn't buy enough oil (woo!) and now working on changing the thermostat over again... Genuine gasket and more effort put into cleaning the mating surfaces this time!

Caporegime
front engine mount changed, thermostat gasket changed, ignition leads changed, filled the gearbox with new oil, sort of... I accidentally bought 1 litre instead of 2, so I'll have to finish the job tomorrow. :p
Dropped off the knuckle to the chap who runs the garage over the road to have the new wheel bearings pressed in... Getting there... :p

Last edited:
Soldato
BMW 120d e82 2010 coup

- new starter motor (Bosch) works great
- clutch bleed as I mentioned to them about the clutch sometimes doesn't depress properly. Kind of feels better but kind of still there. Not quite sure on that

Soldato
Not really done anything to a car but started the import process for something today. I'll probably update this thread with progress for those interested.

Fee paid to the agent today. Just waiting on confirmation, then I can start bidding

Back
Top Bottom