• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What if the 3000 series is over hyped?

Soldato
Imagine choosing between the 3000 series, Big Navi, PS5 and Series X was so important that if you didn't get it exactly right, you'd loose your job.

Easy for me, Big Navi and Ps5. I dont want to lose Freesync and well I basically have an Xbox with my PC and Playstation has better games any how. The 3080 with some of these latest videos is not looking all that fast now. Guess we will find out come Monday.

Associate
I cant justify upgrading, i play at 3440x1440 have a 10700k and 2070 super and theres nothing it doesnt play well, borderlands 3 run so good and looks incredible and my fps is always 80-110, I was looking at upgrading for cyberpunk but with dlss 2.0 I dont even think I will have to considering how amazing dlss looks, wait and see for now but there just isnt a game I play that I struggle running atm

Man of Honour
This is an example of how Nvidia marketing works.

And I stopped at 5. Point is every one of these articles say the same thing...how big 3090 is in your case using the same exact picture.
Now, it looks silly once someone does a collage of it. But if you were not paying attention someone would need to pointed it out you. These are different websites, usually those that signed Nvidia's NDA 2.0 regurgitated the same thing over and over again using the exact same picture. It doesn't say, "found pic of 3090 from chip hell". It's more, "Look at how huge this thing will be in your PC". That's how marketing works. It's a form of inception.

So is it over-hyped, yes it is and the above example is proof of concept.

I'm in no hurry and can wait until RNDA 2 releases before I decide. However, I've already said I'm going console. ;)

The card in that pic is not the finished 3090 its a prototype so no the RTX 3090 does not look like that in a case.

To be fair the finished 3090 does look better than that.

It is still an oversized brick though.:D

Caporegime

And I stopped at 5. Point is every one of these articles say the same thing...how big 3090 is in your case using the same exact picture.
Now, it looks silly once someone does a collage of it. But if you were not paying attention someone would need to pointed it out you. These are different websites, usually those that signed Nvidia's NDA 2.0 regurgitated the same thing over and over again using the exact same picture. It doesn't say, "found pic of 3090 from chip hell". It's more, "Look at how huge this thing will be in your PC". That's how marketing works. It's a form of inception.

I'm in no hurry and can wait until RNDA 2 releases before I decide. However, I've already said I'm going console. ;)
Man you have issues. Why are you so caught up with NVidia and how they market? It isn't something that you have to buy but more a choice. As for buying a console, I will be doing the same and going PS5 but will still upgrade my GPU when I feel it is time.

Soldato
Man you have issues. Why are you so caught up with NVidia and how they market? It isn't something that you have to buy but more a choice. As for buying a console, I will be doing the same and going PS5 but will still upgrade my GPU when I feel it is time.

the picture is watermarked, they all got it from ChipHell.... what has this got to do with nvidia?
it speaks to lazy journalism where all of them have basically copied the original post and tried, poorly, to put their own "spin" on it, but I don't see nvidia's hand in this

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
He loves bashing nvidia any chance he gets ;)

I enjoy bashing nvidia too, but he is on another level. Haha :D

I look forward to Monday, hopefully I can get hold of a 3080 FE next week and run some benchies and take down your 2080Ti scores ;)

Soldato

I look forward to Monday, hopefully I can get hold of a 3080 FE next week and run some benchies and take down your 2080Ti scores ;)

I wouldn't hold out much hope unless there is huge supply.

I guess either way it would be win/win if you got a 3080, because if you thought nah this isn't as good as people say, you probably would be able to get same amount you paid on it or more especially as stock dries up / miners start to crave the 3080

Caporegime
the picture is watermarked, they all got it from ChipHell.... what has this got to do with nvidia?
it speaks to lazy journalism where all of them have basically copied the original post and tried, poorly, to put their own "spin" on it, but I don't see nvidia's hand in this
Agreed. It is odd that he see's it as NVidia marketing, when as you say, it is lazy journalism!

Anyone knows me, knows I prefer NVidia but genuinely enjoy the PC gaming sector and regardless of what people run in their machines, I hope they have as much fun as me. The levels of disdain for NVidia from East and Thont is frankly, worrying :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Anyone knows me, knows I prefer NVidia but genuinely enjoy the PC gaming sector and regardless of what people run in their machines, I hope they have as much fun as me. The levels of disdain for NVidia from East and Thont is frankly, worrying :D
Yep, we all know you are an Nvidia guy, there is not doubting that ;)

Yeah, I will definitely be enjoying my 3080, that's for sure. Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be awesome :D

Soldato
Looks like your jimmies are in a bunch. :D
It all relates to the topic at hand of this thread. And no, I dont believe that journalists just copied each other as there is no evidence of that without someone creating a narrative. Which is why I believe it to be more organized.

In any case nvidia marketing at work that overhyped a derailed train. Now, do you have any evidence it's not other then your own angst that I post about it?
:D

Last edited:
Associate

You've gone to a lot of trouble creating your collage but did you actually read the articles you've posted?
They all credit chiphell who took / acquired the photo.

Similar things happen when a paparazzi photographer manages to get an exclusive shot of a "star" and it ends up on the cover of all the tabloid newspapers.

Soldato
You've gone to a lot of trouble creating your collage but did you actually read the articles you've posted?
They all credit chiphell who took / acquired the photo.

Similar things happen when a paparazzi photographer manages to get an exclusive shot of a "star" and it ends up on the cover of all the tabloid newspapers.
Yes, I'm aware of the contents of the articles. However, what I concentrated more was the headlines. There is no denying where the photos come from as it's labeled right on the photo itself.

Caporegime
Looks like your jimmies are in a bunch. :D
It all relates to the topic at hand of this thread. And no, I dont believe that journalists just copied each other as there is no evidence of that without someone creating a narrative. Which is why I believe it to be more organized.

In any case nvidia marketing at work that overhyped a derailed train. Now, do you have any evidence it's not other then your own angst that I post about it?
:D
Not even close lol and I find you funny! Your narrative is to hate on NVidia and love on AMD, which is fine if you are 10 years old but a grown man getting all hot and bothered over a lazy internet write up. Seriously if that is all that worries you, you have a great life.

Soldato
Not even close lol and I find you funny! Your narrative is to hate on NVidia and love on AMD, which is fine if you are 10 years old but a grown man getting all hot and bothered over a lazy internet write up. Seriously if that is all that worries you, you have a great life.
I neither hate or love amd/nvidia. My opinion may not line up with your own doesn't make me more aligned with one then the other between this duopoly. I'm more of a consumer then anything else. :D

However,
Anyone knows me, knows I prefer NVidia
You've made it clear what side you are on. So, I fine it funny you labeling me the opposite of you. Perhaps that's the only way you can understand my view point.
But like I've asked you before, if you can provide any info that suggest this isn't overhyped by all means share with us.
:)

Back
Top Bottom