• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What if the 3000 series is over hyped?

Caporegime
I neither hate or love amd/nvidia. My opinion may not line up with your own doesn't make me more aligned with one then the other between this duopoly. I'm more of a consumer then anything else. :D

However,

You've made it clear what side you are on. So, I fine it funny you labeling me the opposite of you. Perhaps that's the only way you can understand my view point.
But like I've asked you before, you can provide any info that suggest this isn't overhyped by all means share with us.
:)
Mate, you gotta chill. I have prefered NVidia long before you was a member but have gone AMD at times and been very happy. I enjoy banter a lot and it does get me in trouble but the lengths you are going to are insane lol. Seriously, grabbing 5 websites and claiming NVidia marketing is scary. I like to look at the pro's and conm's of both and right now, I am chuffed I held on to my 2080Ti, as the 3080 performance figures from NVidia look to be a little far fetched.

Soldato
Mate, you gotta chill. I have prefered NVidia long before you was a member but have gone AMD at times and been very happy. I enjoy banter a lot and it does get me in trouble but the lengths you are going to are insane lol. Seriously, grabbing 5 websites and claiming NVidia marketing is scary. I like to look at the pro's and conm's of both and right now, I am chuffed I held on to my 2080Ti, as the 3080 performance figures from NVidia look to be a little far fetched.
Man you have issues.

Gregster, you've gotten a bit off topic here. But to answer your question I'm chilled. I just found it odd that you took issue with those pics. If anything it showed that you are upset by it. Which makes it hard to believe you enjoy a debate. If you don't believe it that's fine but name calling isn't called for. So you could take some of your own advice and chill. As for me it's all good. So lets get back on topic. I take it you don't have any info this isn't overhyped then.
:D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gregster, you've gotten a bit off topic here. But to answer your question I'm chilled. I just found it odd that you took issue with those pics. If anything it showed that you are upset by it. Which makes it hard to believe you enjoy a debate. If you don't believe it that's fine but name calling isn't called for. So you could take some of your own advice and chill. As for me it's all good. So lets get back on topic. I take it you don't have any info this isn't overhyped then.
:D
Name calling?

And off topic how? I said I was glad I held on to my 2080Ti, as NVidia figures look a little OTT. Surely that comes into the over hyped?

Caporegime

The 3080 is faster than a 2080ti at 50% less cost...

if I manage to bag one I’ll have a faster card than you at a cost of £649 V £1200 2080ti.....

Caporegime
The 3080 is faster than a 2080ti at 50% less cost...

if I manage to bag one I’ll have a faster card than you at a cost of £649 V £1200 2080ti.....
I am more inclined to hold off for independent performance figures before claiming this or that but yea, a 3080 is looking to be a decent card and faster than the 2080Ti, at half what I paid (I paid £1300 iirc on release). The only viable upgrade option for me is the 3090 (or possibly the 3080Ti/super) but.... I can't justify to myself this time that another £1300+ is worth it, so I expect to skip this gen and look again when the next round from NVidia and AMD are released.

I did watch a vid earlier that has NVidia performance figures pitted against 'non NVidia' performance figures and it seems that NVidia have done their "best case scenario", so I will be waiting before I make the call either way.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I certainly am but that is expected from any business and perhaps not lies but more truth stretching. (Nvidia 2080Ti tested in a closed case in a room that is 90c and it is the worst 2080Ti we could find..... Kinda testing)
He is a pro at doing that :)

Shame FE reviews got moved back from Monday to Wednesday.

Associate
Looks like Nvidia used a low end 2080ti in their vulkan Doom vs 3080.
so yea, its not a good showing from Nvidias side
deceiving and boost the numbers

Back
Top Bottom