What "man jobs" have you done today?

Put in a small bit of fencing to create a puppy pen, so that she can't get access to the main garden/driveway/swimming pool and do herself a mischeif - she arrives on 22nd May :D

The large chimney in the back will come down this summer too, alongside replacing the asbestos roof of the pool plant room.

EUKPAcV.jpg

7HlTNMM.jpg

UNpFeRO.jpg

The whole area has had a bit of a transformation since purchase, to get to the above we started here;

AVhfFEo.jpg

6qInvsh.jpg

WrKvIVG.jpg

5B6QPAM.jpg

Last edited:
feeling quite happy with myself. with help from my dad over the weekend I have removed the fence at the bottom of the garden fixed damage done by a fox, replaced the fence, extended the concrete shed base and fixed the broken boot handle on my car.

Spent yesterday mowing the lawn and ripping out yet more brambles.

Bramble puling is no fun at all. I have found a heavy fleece provides decent protection, but I still end up with forearms like a suicidal emo teen.

Chaps,

I bought a sturdy aerial to mount in the loft --- I hadn't realised it came with an inbuilt booster. Will this be sufficient without the booster being powered?

5Io5AtQ.jpg

I'm not really in a signal black spot but it cost 50 quid so don't want to waste money if this doesn't work as well as one designed without the booster in mind.

Chaps,

I bought a sturdy aerial to mount in the loft --- I hadn't realised it came with an inbuilt booster. Will this be sufficient without the booster being powered?

5Io5AtQ.jpg

I'm not really in a signal black spot but it cost 50 quid so don't want to waste money if this doesn't work as well as one designed without the booster in mind.
Aerial's an aerial TBH

*Hides from Feek*

Worst case I'll add a spur into the immersion heater feed :cry: :cool: :D
Mrs dLockers: "Telly's gone dead"

dLockers: "Boiler must have tripped again"

Mrs dLockers: "Telly's gone dead"

dLockers: "Boiler must have tripped again"

I'd be more worried about hot water getting into the TV tbh

Most TV sets have a built in signal percentage which may give you some idea, if you plug it in and the signal is <50% then you probably want to run some power for the amp. Keep in mind the signal will fluctuate depending on the conditions.

I couldn't find our aerial when we moved in, until I stumbled across a piece of coax cable in the loft, pointing in the general direction of the transmitter :D

Luckily it's only about 2 miles away so it did work surprisingly well, but I did put one up in the loft eventually.

I'd be more worried about hot water getting into the TV tbh

Most TV sets have a built in signal percentage which may give you some idea, if you plug it in and the signal is <50% then you probably want to run some power for the amp. Keep in mind the signal will fluctuate depending on the conditions.

I couldn't find our aerial when we moved in, until I stumbled across a piece of coax cable in the loft, pointing in the general direction of the transmitter :D

Luckily it's only about 2 miles away so it did work surprisingly well, but I did put one up in the loft eventually.
To be fair it isn't like old days - barely watch terrestrial (haven't had it since we moved in back in August) and the signal is a lot stronger or at least more forgiving.

Reminds me when I was doing wireless P2P installs and one lad pointed a receiver at an electricity pylon. It somehow still picked up internet :cry:

Spent the morning at back of shed and in log store to have a good tidy up -wife is doing the same in greenhouse -we took a car load to tip yesterday and looks like another is almost ready to go.

Why do we collect junk ?

Back
Top Bottom