What "man jobs" have you done today?

I have a Stabila 96-2 100cm spirit level somewhere in my loft from when I did insulation/loft legs/boarding in Sep 2022. Still haven't found it :(.

I lost a couple of tools after removing loose fill insulation and replacing with two layers of rock wool.

Used a metal detector that was a gift years ago to find them from the ceilings below (cables/nails/copper pipes weren't an issue with the right settings). Finally a use for something I had nearly thrown out several times :D

Same reason I have 5 tape measures. One for every workday!

Using that logic I only need half a tape measure as I barely manage 1/2 a day of DIY a week.

It also means that, as well as "where did I put that?" I ask myself the following every week:

What was I doing?
Why did I do that?
What's next?
Where does that piece go?
Why did I start?
When will it finish?
What is the meaning of all this?

Last edited:
lol funny timing. I was just pondering the meaning of life whilst looking out of the rear bedroom window and spotted the clamp I had misplaced:

yrS1Pdi.jpg

Steady on. Making us look slow here.

In fairness, I am thinking about trying to break down my task into hourly chunks and then doing one hour every day.
I've found that worked well recently - rather than planning a big job all weekend and taking ages to get going, distraction, falling behind, needing rest etc etc... I've just been doing a bit when I can. Maybe 2 or 3 evenings a week just do an hour between 6pm cuppa and dinner time. Then the weekend can be a few more hours but less pressure to get a full day in.

This Saturday I did 6 hours on my car's rear brakes, planned to do the fronts a bit quicker Sunday but I was tired. So backed off.

@DXP55 - have you tested your new vac' yet? I'm just starting the epic job of removing all the old mortar from our patio prior to getting it repointed. I figure the quickest way to remove all the loose sand, dust etc out the gaps is to vacuum it once I've taken out the big chunks.

@DXP55 - have you tested your new vac' yet? I'm just starting the epic job of removing all the old mortar from our patio prior to getting it repointed. I figure the quickest way to remove all the loose sand, dust etc out the gaps is to vacuum it once I've taken out the big chunks.
Best method for me was two 10 year olds and a 13 year old lol

Back
Top Bottom