What "man jobs" have you done today?

Oh aye that would be good. I think I require the below. I was going to go galvanized rather than BZP and overengineer. to be honest was half tempted to consider stainless because if the tie rots away it will be a *******!

• 24mm threaded rod (grade 8.8) -1000mm length - Galvanised Steel
  • 100m x 100mm x 10mm large metal washer - Galvanised Steel
  • Mild steel channel 100mm x 50mm. You will need a piece 150mm - Galvanised steel
  • nuts for the 24mm threaded rod (grade 8.8 Galvanised steel)

as for my cladding yes I was going to do the same. Front only in the nice material I posted above, the sides/rear will be in the below:

Just pinged the invoice. Most folk don't bother with the channel anymore, they just use washers.

Over the last few days I've used the pole pruner to chop out two stumps(they're not very thick but they managed to overheat the pruner, so will need to have a look at that.) Today managed to get a fence panel back in-between the concrete posts, ***** hot now. Resting up now to get the car cleaned tomorrow:)

Bulk of painting done, put two coats of paint on the skirting with it on a bench to save my poor back and started to glue/pin it down. Carpet will be fitted in a couple of weeks then I can order my PAX corner combo and a bed.

Paid a man to put the carpet down, too hot for doing man jobs myself.

Just need to stick the curtain poles up and make the furniture.

IME a sort of beige to light brown mottled look has been very good at hiding stains. Our house had it throughout when we bought it and we've spilled a lot of tea/plaster dust/etc and always hides well. Be a shame when we get nicer carpet and have to start being careful!

IME a sort of beige to light brown mottled look has been very good at hiding stains. Our house had it throughout when we bought it and we've spilled a lot of tea/plaster dust/etc and always hides well. Be a shame when we get nicer carpet and have to start being careful!
Which nicer carpet are you considering and please send a link

My wife is driving me mad and I am so poorly informed/ can't cope with the EXTRAVAGENT ONE OFF 50 PERCENT OFF offer that CarpetRight have had since I was 6 I might go postal and just burn the place down

Which nicer carpet are you considering and please send a link

My wife is driving me mad and I am so poorly informed/ can't cope with the EXTRAVAGENT ONE OFF 50 PERCENT OFF offer that CarpetRight have had since I was 6 I might go postal and just burn the place down
I know nothing about carpet but I am similarly cheapskate and swayed by "deals". Partner will pick bright colours I'm sure... This is her taste:

What carpet? I will buy this exact one as this is sufficient research for me.

Tapi Burns in Matchstick

Stain resistant and can be cleaned with bleach solution as it’s 100% polypropylene.

Tapi Burns in Matchstick

Stain resistant and can be cleaned with bleach solution as it’s 100% polypropylene.
My experience with pure poly was it attracts dust like mad due to the static. Any idea if it's improved or I was maybe thinking of a different material?

Put the washing on the line and started the next fence panel repair, about 15mins in the sun was enough to send me back inside though. Just got to clean the car later when it's in the shade:(

Back
Top Bottom