What "man jobs" have you done today?

No idea how youre painting without floor coverings and around all that! I have a very similar shade in my office
Haha - all the crap was covered for the ceiling paint. The walls I didn't get any splats thankfully. Socks are ruined mopping up tiny white spots tho - the lvt is pretty impervious tho :D

---

Just ordered the Aircon for Thursday delivery. The fan heater works but it isn't a nice heat, and the humidity goes through the roof.

Debating the unit on the TV wall or opposite; if it's opposite it'll block that wall up. It isn't pretty for above tv but that wall is spent....decisions.

Last edited:
Wow, did you do that all yourself? Did you document it anywhere? Looks fantastic.
I have a load of photos from various stages, not really had the time to put them together.

The only part I didn't do myself was skimming the ceiling. Quite pleased with the outcome, we had a couple of quotes for the job and average was £18k, not even to the spec we really wanted. Spent £8.5k all in, so not a bad saving.

I have a load of photos from various stages, not really had the time to put them together.

The only part I didn't do myself was skimming the ceiling. Quite pleased with the outcome, we had a couple of quotes for the job and average was £18k, not even to the spec we really wanted. Spent £8.5k all in, so not a bad saving.
Excellent job! Really looks great.

Haha - all the crap was covered for the ceiling paint. The walls I didn't get any splats thankfully. Socks are ruined mopping up tiny white spots tho - the lvt is pretty impervious tho :D

---

Just ordered the Aircon for Thursday delivery. The fan heater works but it isn't a nice heat, and the humidity goes through the roof.

Debating the unit on the TV wall or opposite; if it's opposite it'll block that wall up. It isn't pretty for above tv but that wall is spent....decisions.
Ah nice you going for a proper external air con unit?

I still need to buy my cladding :D :(

Finally finished the bathroom (near as makes no difference!) Complete strip out, insulate walls and ceiling and replace literally everything.

B7lKDlo.jpeg

7gCXMO8.jpeg

1zDK6jK.jpeg
Very nice ! And great effort

Do you mind me asking where you got your sanitary wear from?

We are just getting quotes at the moment and the prices are eye watering !

Cheers

How long did it take you?

I decided to tackle a job I'd been putting off for a while. Fixing our squeaky bed. Remarkably, it wasn't the Ottoman hinges, nor the actual pieces of wood forming any framing. It was.... cardboard. Yes cardboard. The top section that flips up had a layer of perhaps 5mm cardboard all over the top pieces of wood, directly under the first piece of fabric. For some reason, it's in two parts, and where they meet, they had laid one piece over another by an inch or so. Every you moved in bed, the mattress would push down and slightly pull the join section down, causing the overlaid part to rub against the other. I cannot believe two pieces of thin cardboard could cause so much noise.

I "modified" it with a knife, cutting out the overlap. It provides no real strength anyway. Now I just have to staple the thin under felt layer back on. Squeak free bed and love making.

How long did it take you?
Months :rolleyes: It was an evening/weekend project for quite some time, as the wife kept reminding me. The biggest issue was uncovering something unexpected each time I removed another layer of stuff.

Fairly sure the "plumber" that installed it originally thought water ran uphill, and he had to use as many elbow fittings as he had in his van. The floor was massively out of level so I had to sister all the joists and level, so what I hoped would be relatively quick and easier rapidly became a massive ball ache.

In my quest to replace all the high wattage halogen bulbs in our downlights with LEDs I've come across unusual "GX3.5" fittings in the bathroom. They appear to be obsolete from a Google. Has anyone replace these for standard GU10 fittings before?

Perhaps I read this wrong. They look to be GU5.3 which looks like can still be purchased!

Last edited:
Had a week off and now back on it. The amount of ***** is unbelievable, I'm sure it was thatched at some point, way too much debris to be animals.

Pulling 2400mm boards up with one hand bending down and then grabbing it with the other is fun.

Cabinet going up there, two NVR plus 22 cameras need routing in :)

ORtPySX.jpeg

JFARuwg.jpeg

AkTNXEW.jpeg

CdmUdrt.jpeg

7mH8AFp.jpeg

YVQyO6l.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom