What Next for 2020? Volcanoes of Course!

Soldato
Cone collapse? I wasn't watching for awhile.

I have it on the second monitor and just caught it out of the corner of my eye. Looks like the smaller fissure in the foreground exploded and then collapsed with huge landslide of lava and is now part of the main fissure, which is now jetting stuff at least twice as high as it was previously.

Man of Honour
I have it on the second monitor and just caught it out of the corner of my eye. Looks like the smaller fissure in the foreground exploded and then collapsed with huge landslide of lava and is now part of the main fissure, which is now jetting stuff at least twice as high as it was previously.

Looking at the suspected map there isn't one main big magma chamber but a network of smaller interconnected ones - could produce some interesting dynamics as the levels and so on changes.

Man of Honour
They seem to think the new supply of magma flowing into the resevoirs is approximately at equilibrium to the eruption currently - which will reduce pressure on the overall system though not necessarily mean the eruption is ending any time soon.

Man of Honour
Not unusual to have side vents which just weep lava, etc. but kind of weird how there are 2 vents close by one doings its best to fling tephra into orbit while the other is a lava fountain.

Seem to have had a few fair size quakes in not great places lately which fortunately haven't done a huge amount of damage and/or killed lots of people.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

never mind Volcanoes you know SARS 3 is coming right and Avian flu is still in the mix. Meanwhile check your resistance to anti biotics.

Man of Honour
Probably a good thing this eruption isn't large enough to aid significant stratosphere injection :s

Several small coastal landslides - probably isolated incidents but hopefully not signs of a larger instability.

Associate
Lava is now 500m from the sea and has crossed the last coastal road

FAZsCYBUcAA1de2

FAZrR6kVcAMs0jv

FAZi3lOVUAAMRq_

Back
Top Bottom