What PC games are you playing?

Associate
I completed it myself a few weeks back. Whilst there are some great scary moments like some of the parts where you get chased or the 'water parts' but I agree, I handled it better than I expected. Certainly not as terrifying as Outlast, Alien Isolation or Cry of Fear.

Did you play the Justine addon story? Was it much different from the main game?

Associate
Didn't know there was such a thing? Is it that the free mod Final Revelations? If not, how do I access the Justine story?

Go to your Steam Library page right click on Amnesia and under the top option of Play the second option is Run Settings Launcher. If you pick that one in the bottom right of the window that launches is a button which says Justine. That launches the Justine mini story.

Soldato
Wow, they made a game of that? Very messed up short scifi if no one knows it. You can read it online in five minutes

They sure did. Interesting premise for a point and click. Its cheap on GOG and steam, I'd recommend it. Runs well on Win10 and survives multiple Alt Tabs, you need to forgive some of the game mechanics of the time, but generally I think its held up ok.

Caporegime
You should play the DLCs. They are whole new areas with new stories and significant content. They are more like new levels/areas/story for the main game than just a bit of fluff.

Have started the Borderlands 2 DLCs now. Captain Scarlett was boring although I did like the last mission. Really liking this Mr Torgue one though. Gotta save up those tokens for the Harold pistol!

Soldato
I'm a right cheap skate and awaiting for rise of the tomb raider to be part of steam sale.

It's in the Humble Store sale at the moment... £14 for the 20 yr. anniversary edition

I just crossed another game off the list - Broken Age... it was hard not to go into it without poor expectations based on what I've heard people thought about it but honestly I did enjoy it... The puzzles were well thought out, mostly logical and really quite clever especially towards the end of the game... and the story was also really good I thought

Can't decide what to play next at the moment, might play the 2 story DLCs for the first Dishonored as I've had those sitting around gathering dust on my HDD for years!

Associate
Just bought Pulsar: Lost Colony, after following it's progress for quite a while.
It's basically a multiplayer star ship simulator, think Star Trek but without the license and running around your ship/planets with your mates fighting stuff, looks pretty fun.

Having said that, I don't have many mates who are into PC gaming so haven't played it in multiplayer yet (just single player with bots - possible but not easy or the best way to play it), I could try with random groups but that could be a mixed bag. :)

Other game is Windward, an older top-down sailing ship game in the age of pirates; fairly simple and slightly repetitive but quite fun for some quick trading and ship battles.

Borderlands 2 GOTY edition may well be next on the list, having only got past the intro section.

Soldato
Picked Oxygen not included up, made by the guy who did Don't Starve but this is a side on base builder, good fun so far even though surviving has taken several games to get used to starting.

Soldato
Back on Elder Scrolls Online now that the Morrowind expansion has been opened to pre-purchase physical and digital upgrade buyers. The arrival at Seyda Neen feels like Morrowind of old but with far more bling graphically :D

Associate
Go to your Steam Library page right click on Amnesia and under the top option of Play the second option is Run Settings Launcher. If you pick that one in the bottom right of the window that launches is a button which says Justine. That launches the Justine mini story.

Ha! I'd no idea that was there. Cheers for that!

Whats your view on Amnesia?

Soldato
Whats your view on Amnesia?

I though it was a great game. Genuinely creepy atmosphere throughout and I really enjoyed exploring the castle and thought the old machinery puzzles were pretty cool. I did find the controls a little frustrating at times when I was trying to move stuff that were blocking doorways for example but that's a very small gripe. I got some genuine chills down the spine when playing it although on the terror inducing scale I'd say it sits just below Outlast, Alien Isolation and Cry of Fear.

Back
Top Bottom