What PC games are you playing?

Different weapon types do affect enemies differently. Half the 'fun' is the weapons and finding the particular one(s) that suit your play style, but yeah there. are. so. many...
ok cool, i'll stick with it. I do like that there isnt loads of keys, sometimes it seems like games use way too many keys for interacting with things, when you only really need one.

I'll do some reading online, perhaps i can find a weapons guide that will help me get started

Got Baldurs Gate 3 for £24 on GOG via VPN so finally started playing that about 8 hours in now
Octopath Traveler 2 on gamepass
Horizon Zero Dawn
Disco Elysium

going through various games bit by bit, nothing has grabbed my attention 100%

but better than playing nothing which I do for a few weeks at a time.

Most games end up feeling like a chore these days for me as I'll keep repeating, I've never been the sort of gamer to 100% a game and grind it. I just like to do the main quests and if I enjoy the game world do the side quests after.

I think I'll need to start making a conscious decision to start buying games I can finish over a weekend at worst, once I go through a bunch of games I've left unfinished.

I think I've got open world/maps fatigue.

Last edited:
SWJS as I wanted a break between SWJFO and the sequel, then got distracted by Skyrim Nolvus and have only just gotten back around to this.

Looks stunning in places at 4K, but what’s with the damned shader compiler every single time I run the game?!? Even if I close the game and then immediately relaunch it, it still wants to “optimise files”!

There’s a very rare bit of stuttering too that I can’t figure out what’s causing it but hey ho.

Just installed Deus Ex, plus the revision mod. I've already completed the game several times in the past, but it deserves another go.

Reactions: TNA
SWJS as I wanted a break between SWJFO and the sequel, then got distracted by Skyrim Nolvus and have only just gotten back around to this.

Looks stunning in places at 4K, but what’s with the damned shader compiler every single time I run the game?!? Even if I close the game and then immediately relaunch it, it still wants to “optimise files”!

There’s a very rare bit of stuttering too that I can’t figure out what’s causing it but hey ho.
Yeah JS isn't the best performance wise. The shaders thing annoys me a lot.

As for the occasional stutters I get that too. It was way worse at launch bit has improved a a lot.

Reactions: HRL
I really have trouble playing games that are a few years old.

I keep wanting to play a few older chilled games like Planet Coaster/Total Wars/EU4 etc, but because they’re not the current ‘everyone playing’ games something stops me.

Apparently it’s a mental phenomenon (can’t remember the real name of it). It’s absolutely ridiculous and pathetic, yet it seems to be real.

Last edited:
I really have trouble playing games that are a few years old.

I keep wanting to play a few older chilled games like Planet Coaster/Total Wars/EU4 etc, but because they’re not the current ‘everyone playing’ games something stops me.

Apparently it’s a mental phenomenon (can’t remember the real name of it). It’s absolutely ridiculous and pathetic, yet it seems to be real.
I still play planet Coaster every so often.

Just last night I fired up No one lives forever, for the first time in ages. 24 years old but with a fee patches it's perfectly playable.

Been playing Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess the past few days. Wow - it feels like a total breath of fresh air. There is just something about which makes it feel like a PS2 or Gamecube game. And I mean that in a good way.

Yeah JS isn't the best performance wise. The shaders thing annoys me a lot.

As for the occasional stutters I get that too. It was way worse at launch bit has improved a a lot.

Running it on a 5950X/4090FE and looking at stats when it stutters and there’s no logical explanation for it as nothing is maxed out, not the CPU, GPU, RAM or NVMe. It’s just bizarre TBH. Fortunately it’s very rare that it happens as if it was a frequent as the shader compiler I’m not sure I’d manage to play it.

Running it on a 5950X/4090FE and looking at stats when it stutters and there’s no logical explanation for it as nothing is maxed out, not the CPU, GPU, RAM or NVMe. It’s just bizarre TBH. Fortunately it’s very rare that it happens as if it was a frequent as the shader compiler I’m not sure I’d manage to play it.
You'll see my specs in sig. 1080p max settings RT off and it still stutters for me randomly too. Even with RT on over 100fps still stutters. Not as often as it did in the past though. I think the game or engine or something just has not been properly optimised. Think the AMD gpu drivers had issues to as JS and Hogwarts Legacy used to give me random crashes but they've settled now

There were a lot of youtube videos around its launch talking about the issues, DF even did one I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRL
Glad you got there in the end. There always seems to be one difficult stage in every story.
Definitely. You're also right about the loading times. Played an online game earlier, and by the time it had loaded the next round most of the other players had left. There was only 1 blue, and including me, 3 red. We won easily :cry:

Definitely. You're also right about the loading times. Played an online game earlier, and by the time it had loaded the next round most of the other players had left. There was only 1 blue, and including me, 3 red. We won easily :cry:

lol, just the way it goes I guess. Sods law.. I've been on the team with the least players more often that not when that happens. Although that is one of my few complaints about the game along with some glitchy achievements and the like.

Just messing about on The Eliminator but I really do suck at it! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom