What RAM are you getting/bought for Ryzen

Soldato
Whelp, first night witha 1600X and 2x16gb of Trident Z 3200 C14 (RGB)... didsn't quite manage 3200mhz. Enabled XMP profile, booted to Windows, worked for a few minutes, then bluescreened out and had to be left off for a few minutes and the CMOS cleared.

However... load the XMP profile again, but drop the memory to 2933mhz: 10.5 hours of memtest64 overnight with not one error. That is pretty darn good for 2x16 dual ranked, afaik, and was the best likely outcome, so if this holds up in general usage, I'll be well happy! :)

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so I'm mighty confused with all these ram options. I have just purchased a 1600x and a x370 itx board to go with it. I got the X for the reason it's going Into a very very small case (node202) so unsure if overclocking is on the cards yet or not. It's going to have a low profile cooler. Gaming is priority one.

Any tips?

Soldato
For ram you want Samsung b die based ram as it works best with Ryzen. Roughly speaking for gaming the faster the ram the better the performance, the difference in performance between 2133 and 3200 is significant. On ryzen cpu performance and ram speed are directly linked.

Soldato
Just search for it on the web and in forums.

Corsair tends to be Hynix. I had the corsair lpx 3200, due to it being Hynix max stable speed 2933 or 3066 with a few boot failures. My current ram 3333 c14 completely stable just by changing the divider after enabling docp and upping the voltage to 1.41v. It is almost stable at 3466 c14.

OcUK Staff
The 8Pack stuff is more costly because it has high quality specifically binned B die chips and high quality PCB. The 8Pack stuff will always only be B die for its entire life span. I qualified this RAM on so many motherboards and developed the SPD accordingly. This is where the cost comes from. Your buying quality that works well.

I tried in the ASrock X370 ITX board if that is the one your using??? No problem 3200 C14 just enable XMP.

Associate
The 8Pack stuff is more costly because it has high quality specifically binned B die chips and high quality PCB. The 8Pack stuff will always only be B die for its entire life span. I qualified this RAM on so many motherboards and developed the SPD accordingly. This is where the cost comes from. Your buying quality that works well.

I tried in the ASrock X370 ITX board if that is the one your using??? No problem 3200 C14 just enable XMP.

That's the board yes with a 1600x I assume your talking about the 3200kit over the 3000 kit. I might just grab the 8 pack kit it's a bit more but if it works out the box with the mobo then it's ideal. I plan on using this board and ram with the next gen ryzen assuming there is a performance boost

Back
Top Bottom